Back with what may be a silly question please bear with me.

I have so far managed to upload twenty odd accepted images which were mainly from my Nikon D700 but ran into a problem with some D800 shots.

The three concerned files went through QC OK and some time later I was informed that I could go to manage them and enter licence keywords etc and  that all went well until I tried to upload the saved images because  the site replied that the files were too large and over 10MB.

This morning I decided to ask you people what to do next, delete them and start again whatever but have found that overnight the shots have miraculously gone to the uploaded section and appear alongside those already on sale?

So double question really, how did this sort itself out and how should I have reduced those D800 jpgs which were from huge TIFFs?

I will be aware of the compressed 10MB limit in future.

Thanks for looking.

No I only uploaded once (more correctly I only tried to upload once) the upload was rejected because the files were to large.

I did nothing else apart from enter the manage section this morning to delete the rejected files only to find they were now on sale. Somehow they are on sale this morning despite the fact they were rejected when I tried to upload them yesterday without me changing anything.

Why were they too big yesterday yet put on sale today?

(If you read my original post I never said I uploaded twice)

Back with what may be a silly question please bear with me.

I have so far managed to upload twenty odd accepted images which were mainly from my Nikon D700 but ran into a problem with some D800 shots.

The three concerned files went through QC OK and some time later I was informed that I could go to manage them and enter licence keywords etc and  that all went well until I tried to upload the saved images because  the site replied that the files were too large and over 10MB.

This morning I decided to ask you people what to do next, delete them and start again whatever but have found that overnight the shots have miraculously gone to the uploaded section and appear alongside those already on sale?

So double question really, how did this sort itself out and how should I have reduced those D800 jpgs which were from huge TIFFs?

I will be aware of the compressed 10MB limit in future.

Thanks for looking.

Sorry I am just not understanding. Perhaps someone else gets it.

Paulette

Sorry OP, your use of the term 'upload' appears to be non-standard and it's preventing us from understanding your problem.

The process is:

1. Upload jpegs and wait for QC. The upload size limit is 25MB.

2. On passing QC, keyword in Manage Images.

3. Wait for images to go on sale overnight.

Mark, I am going to give up obviously I am not explaining this properly.

I received an email from QC (see attached copy below) having uploaded about a week ago.

We sent this automatically so there's no one here to reply.

Hello David

We've checked your submission.

DATE RECEIVED                 ALAMY MEDIA REF               STATUS

02/07/2014                    OL2871048                     Passed QC
01/07/2014                    OL2412042                     Passed QC

If you've passed, your images are ready to be captioned and keyworded in “Manage Images” in “My Alamy”.

If you've failed it will tell you why on your track submissions page in “My Alamy”. 

I therefore captioned and key worded the images as per this email and saved the changes, I then received a message saying the files were too big and over 10MB.

Today the images are in the On Sale section.

Late note, I now wonder if I wrongly pressed upload when hitting save was all that was required.

Sorry for wasting your time (times) I will sort it out watch the procedure more carefully next time, obviously I have got the wrong end of the stick somewhere..

So did Alamy send you a message after you had already keyworded the images that had passed QC?

It seems odd that you would get the message the file size was too big after they have already passed QC.  Also 10 MB is not too big.

Archived