Does anyone know how to enable the spell checker on this forum? I just switched to a new computer running Windows 7 Pro, and I can't get the spelling checker to work even though I've enabled this feature in Firefox, my main browser. Is there something hidden in the forum settings that I need to enable?

Thankss in advince.

With the update of FF a couple of days back, I remember seeing a message that my UK-English dictionary was no longer compatible.

Haven't looked into it though.

wim

With the update of FF a couple of days back, I remember seeing a message that my UK-English dictionary was no longer compatible.

wim

I only just got notification of the FF update - the UK-English dictionary was available as an update, so should be available for you now, Wim, if you look again.

wim

I only just got notification of the FF update - the UK-English dictionary was available as an update, so should be available for you now, Wim, if you look again.

test: colors colours

Danny,

OK it's working now. Thank you.

John,

in a text field or box, right click and under Check Spelling (don't forget to tick this box) choose language or add dictionaries.

If I now toggle between US and UK, the red wavy line is under colour or color respectively.

wim

wim

test: colors colours

Danny,

OK it's working now. Thank you.

John,

in a text field or box, right click and under Check Spelling (don't forget to tick this box) choose language or add dictionaries.

If I now toggle between US and UK, the red wavy line is under colour or color respectively.

wim

Wim, I don't see the "check spelling" or other options that you mentioned when I right click. The spell check worked fine with my old XP system and Firefox -- i.e. errors were underlined in red -- but I can't seem to get it functioning now on this forum. No such problem with other sites, though. Very odd.

Does anyone know how to enable the spell checker on this forum? I just switched to a new computer running Windows 7 Pro, and I can't get the spelling checker to work even though I've enabled this feature in Firefox, my main browser. Is there something hidden in the forum settings that I need to enable?

Thankss in advince.

If you right click on the text box, are you seeing the language pack displayed? There's something about this forum that makes even the display from right click inconsistent IME.

I lost my spell check with one of the updates in FF and did not then have the language pack or dictionary to enable the spell check to work.

The spell check on this forum is suddenly working once more! I have no idea why. The ghost in the machine strikes again!

However, I still don't see the language pack that you mentioned. Shall have to look into that. Thanks.

John,

To see the dictionaries:

Type a word in a text box. Now right click and tick Check Spelling.

Now underneath Check Spelling there is a menu item Languages.

Next to Languages there is an arrow > that leads to a fly out menu and lists one or more dictionaries you have installed.

The active one has a bullet point.

Underneath that is an item Add Dictionaries.

If you click it it will land you here: addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/language-tools/

that's it afaik

wim

Archived