My zooms and sales have gone through the floor!

Prior to the last few weeks I was getting regular zooms and sales (for about 3 years) but all of a sudden I'm hardly getting any zooms 1-2 per month and no sales. (5,600 pics)

Has Alamy dramatically changed the way it ranks images in the last few weeks?

There was a re-rank mid February or there about. Perhaps your rank has changed.  If you are getting fewer views than before the re-rank it would suggest that your rank has gone down and would go some way to explain what you are experiencing with sales and zooms.

Pearl

Mark, it may have something to do with your descriptions and keywording.  I clicked on image DJDB6A - your description is "unfinished", your keywords are "unfinished, unfinished", your caption is "unfinished".  I clicked a second random image and saw the same thing.

Not sure what changed but that would explain quite a bit of it.

Ed, my guess is the OPer plans to get back to those "unfinished" images. Odd, but there it is. But, Ed, why are you concerned with "descriptions" with regard to sales and zooms when descriptions  are not searchable? 

Ed, my guess is the OPer plans to get back to those "unfinished" images. Odd, but there it is. But, Ed, why are you concerned with "descriptions" with regard to sales and zooms when descriptions  are not searchable? 

For search engine/ranking purposes I am not...just thought I'd point that out.

Archived