Images of people on posters/hoardings etc.

Searched but not find anything specific about this.

If a photo of something is taken and there is a hoarding/advertising poster in view with an image of a person/model in it and which is fairly obvious/recognisable is it necessary to have a release for commercial work?

Allan

Darn! Sorry I've posted this in the wrong forum. :blink:

I think you would need a release from the company that is doing the advertising on the poster wouldn't you?

Jill

I was thinking more of "Model release" Jill.

Would it be necessary to include number of "People" in the image, even though they are not people but images of people, i.e. secondary images, under "Attributes" when keywording.

Allan

I think you would need a release from the company that is doing the advertising on the poster wouldn't you?

Jill

I was thinking more of "Model release" Jill.

Allan

Assuming they  had a model release, wouldn't you just need their release? Wouldn't the model be covered under the company release?

Of course, I have never really thought about it, but just think of all those pics of Times Square in New York.

Jill

You couldn't have it set as commercial without your own releases. The company and it's release(s) with those portrayed is nothing to do with you - don't assume they even have a release for starters.

PR for any IP rights shown.

Archived