Terms of Service and the Country Specific Law

I was going through Alamy's Terms of Service and didn't see anywhere an age restriction. Although I am sure when I signed up, you had to be 18, but maybe that has changed.

So I browsed other sites and noticed for Instagram, you have to be 13.

Now here in Canada, it is illegal to enter into a binding agreement with anyone under the age of 16. It would be thrown out here. But with the international scope of all internet sites, how would this work out if something came up where a site (say Instagram, who say you are as legally liable as they are) gets sued by something a 13 year old hast posted, but the 13 year old lives here.

Anyone ever seen something like this? And does Alamy have an age restriction somewhere?

Jill

I'd be surprised if there were not one, but an age restriction probably isn't needed because minors (it's 18 here) can't form contracts. So any agreement they entered into would be invalid.

Of course you'd need a bank account to get paid and you wouldn't get one.

One could presumably sue the parents of a minor.

i think i have seen it somewhere a few years ago, I've thought it was 17 i read somewhere, on here or maybe it was google saying but i'm not sure.   

Only because when i was 17 i had another account setup on here. Because something just put me off at the time from uploading, on here and didn't upload.

I'd be surprised if there were not one, but an age restriction probably isn't needed because minors (it's 18 here) can't form contracts. So any agreement they entered into would be invalid.

Technically, if a parent or legal guardian also reads and signs the contact with the person under 18 the contact would still be valid. The same thing with the alamy model release form. 

(Since the parents/guardian, would be the ones whom are held liable, since they would of read and agreed to the terms of contract x) 

Archived