Anyone know anything about art4life.com?

I noticed that a few of my images are on www.art4life.com with the same captions that I have used on Alamy and there are others I recognise from other contributors.

Does anyone know what is the deal with this web site?

I've checked some of mine and they only have RF. I'm guessing that when they make a sale they buy a license for the smallest file size they can get away with for the print size ordered. No watermarks so it's official. There's a lot there that shouldn't be RF of course- Eiffel Tower, the usual suspects, but 'twas ever thus.

Perhaps Alamy could confirm.

I imagine that any sales made thru this outfit would be considered distributor sales(?), so the proceeds for us would be pretty small.

I don't think that the RF/RM designations apply to images sold as personal prints. Do they? However, I hope that art4life.com credits the photographer as the copyright holder when they sell prints. It is very easy to order a small print, scan it, and then sell it as one's own work.

I don't think that the RF/RM designations apply to images sold as personal prints. Do they?

I mention it because they only have images of mine from the days when I still put up RF. In one case where my RF and RM would come up under the same search term, they only have the RFs.

You might be right but I wonder what category a licence could come under and be of unlimited duration. The cheapest RM licence would be very expensive considering they're selling prints for a few decabucks. I imagine we can whistle.for a credit.

I don't think that the RF/RM designations apply to images sold as personal prints. Do they?

I mention it because they only have images of mine from the days when I still put up RF. In one case where my RF and RM would come up under the same search term, they only have the RFs.

You might be right but I wonder what category a licence could come under and be of unlimited duration. The cheapest RM licence would be very expensive considering they're selling prints for a few decabucks. I imagine we can whistle.for a credit.

I know very little about this type of thing, but I'm not sure that an image sold as a personal-use print fits into any traditional "license" category. When someone buys a print to hang on his/her wall, it can stay there until the house collapses. From Alamy's POV, this kind of usage might even be considered a "Novel Use," I suppose. Anyway, I'm not waiting for sales to pop up any time soon. I know from experience with selling prints on my own and through other POD websites, that it's a very competitive market.

Archived