Post your PODs

Print on Demand is a new Alamy initiative.

A few licences have already filtered through. When fully launched there will be 'Buy A Print' button that some of us have seen in various beta forms.

I thought that with this at its very beginning it would be interesting to share some of the images that are being bought along with the gross fee for each.

beechcraft-d50-twin-bonanza-aircraft-lia

Beechcraft D50 Twin Bonanza aircraft LIAT airline, Leeward Islands Air Transport Services, thought to at St Lucia, West Indies 1962  

$ 8.55

agave-americana-cactus-plants-growing-in

Agave americana cactus plants growing in Cabo de Gata natural park, Almeria, Spain 

$ 53.44

Edited by geogphotos

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

I didn't know they'd supply frames too.

On the first page of this thread I posted some screenshots of the print options. I can't see them now. Click on 'Print on Demand Sales'

Edited by geogphotos

My two certainly are not what I would have expected for POD - the plane perhaps for an enthusiast, but the cactus one is puzzling.

That's why I thought it be interesting to share as the sales start to be reported. Maybe it won't just be pretty pics.

4 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Maybe it won't just be pretty pics.

Cool, I think I'll corner the market on this then

but yes, agree, wouldn't have imagined people hanging these images up on their wall or on cushion covers....

Edited by Steve F

I had a "retail poster" license ($4.63) last month of an image of the exterior of a nursing home. The usage was given as "consumer goods". However, the terms do include a line that says "wall art - Print on Demand Sales."  There is also a "print run" of up to 1000. A tad confusing...🤔

P.S. I'm not sure that these "retail poster" sales are really part of the new POD option.

Edited by John Mitchell

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

On the first page of this thread I posted some screenshots of the print options. I can't see them now. Click on 'Print on Demand Sales'

Whoops! I didn't see this link to the earlier discussion. Are these really POD sales?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Whoops! I didn't see this link to the earlier discussion. Are these really POD sales?

Yes John. I had an email from Alamy saying that the 1000 Print run is a glitch and that they are one print to one buyer.

Please post your nursing home POD image 😁

Edited by geogphotos

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Yes John. I had an email from Alamy saying that the 1000 Print run is a glitch and that they are one print to one buyer.

Please post your nursing home POD image 😁

Thanks for the update, Ian. How about "consumer goods"? Is that a glitch as well? Are these types of sales "commercial"? I've always considered POD print sales to be personal use. I've now marked the nursing home image as "editorial use only" as I had previously just checked the "contains property" box in AIM. Still somewhat befuddled...

Edited by John Mitchell