My Alamy Port???

Ed Rooney

Question

I'm wondering if and why I should set that up? We can look at our Alamy images by clicking on the number next to our display in the forum. What's the difference with 'Your Alamy portfolio page'? I would like to put together a selection of about 100 images that I can display outside of Alamy.

Curious Edo

3 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'm wondering if and why I should set that up? We can look at our Alamy images by clicking on the number next to our display in the forum. What's the difference with 'Your Alamy portfolio page'? I would like to put together a selection of about 100 images that I can display outside of Alamy.

Curious Edo

Edo, portfolio is for if you have clients for whom you do commissioned work that might be interested in your stock images. You can re-order some of the images in your portfolio, as opposed to simply clicking on the blue number. Portfolio is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned; I would show my commissioned work to clients, my stock photos are not very 'sexy' generally.

• Thanks 1

I use the Lightbox feature when send out begging letters requests for admission to photocalls.

Easy to set up with images specific to the recipient.

All the best.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

For what you want I think the portfolio is good. This is mine... https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/paulette-sinclair  It is very different from what you see clicking on my number. I haven't done anything to it in years because I don't have much use for it but it's where I would send people who want to see what I have on Alamy. Be careful about naming it because you can't go back and re-do it. I remember I couldn't put the image at the top using Safari. I used Firefox. That may have changed.

Paulette

• Thanks 1