The Other Way Round...for a change

I have over 6000 in 4 agencies - no of sales a month change between them a lot. it's the prices and net that is the killer and making me stop. I just can't be motivated to try to make 10000 images in anymore. I guess it's a younger mans game but it seems like a lot of work for even them for what reward is there. I think of you are living in the right place and have special opportunities it may be worth it. Or if you can shoot what red snapper shoots maybe. But when you see 17,000 images of Maui Hawaii !!!!! Holy shit look at the competition

I have over 6000 in 4 agencies - no of sales a month change between them a lot. it's the prices and net that is the killer and making me stop. I just can't be motivated to try to make 10000 images in anymore. I guess it's a younger mans game but it seems like a lot of work for even them for what reward is there. I think of you are living in the right place and have special opportunities it may be worth it. Or if you can shoot what red snapper shoots maybe. But when you see 17,000 images of Maui Hawaii !!!!! Holy shit look at the competition

True, but if you check out the search results during the past year for "maui" in "All of Alamy," you'll see that a surprising number of search terms yielded zero or very few results.

Keith is right on this.

Until recently I didn't approach people and ask for their picture if I thought there was something there. Now, I do. It's not easy but once you start it gets easier.

And yes, you do have to work on it. I feel like I don't stop at all!!!

And there lies the problem if you don't get out and shoot like red snapper you ain't gonna make any money and you need many 10000s of images to make $ as well

Redsnapper lives in a provincial Welsh town.  You live in Mexico.  Which of those two locations do you think ought to be offering the best shooting opportunities for the creation of visually arresting and content rich imagery?

Don't think about it for too long.

And there lies the problem if you don't get out and shoot like red snapper you ain't gonna make any money and you need many 10000s of images to make $ as well

Redsnapper lives in a provincial Welsh town.  You live in Mexico.  Which of those two locations do you think ought to be offering the best shooting opportunities for the creation of visually arresting and content rich imagery?

I've had 12 sales so far this month: Mexico 8 sales; Vancouver 3 sales; Nicaragua 1 sale.

Alamy search results: Mexico (not "new") 233,251 images; Vancouver Canada 75,263 images; Nicaragua 10,449 images.

My Alamy collection: Mexico 2313 images; Vancouver 679 images; Nicaragua 210 images.

I think something else to consider is that buyers are perhaps more likely to visit a site like Alamy that has thousands of images of say "Maui" than another site that only has a small selection. Chances are that they will have a better chance of finding what they want on Alamy. Sure, the competition can seem overwhelming at times, but there is something to be said for depth of coverage. It can actually work in our favour.

I've had 12 sales so far this month: Mexico 8 sales; Vancouver 3 sales; Nicaragua 1 sale.

Alamy search results: Mexico (not "new") 233,251 images; Vancouver Canada 75,263 images; Nicaragua 10,449 images.

My Alamy collection: Mexico 2313 images; Vancouver 679 images; Nicaragua 210 images.

You not been to Aber then boy?

You not been to Aber then boy?

Guess not. Don't even know where it lies.

Archived