Why do my Distributor sales fetch a higher sum?

Posted (edited)

I'm probably being naive here.

Most, if not all, of my high-value sales have been distributor sales leaving me with a very low return.

My question is this.  If distributors can command these high-value sales on a regular basis, why can't Alamy?

Edited by John Walker

• John Walker changed the title to Why do my Distributor sales fetch a higher sum?

I find that most of my distributor sales are for very little, especially the European ones. Having said that, I have the occasional good distributor sale price from Japan.

John, in my long experience as an Alamy contributor, I see exactly what you see. The reason for the difference (I'm drawing on my years in the stock photo agency world that ended in 1991) is that different distributors have different clients with different budgets. From where I sit, the highest prices in Europe and Japan are really high and the lowest, really low. So it depends on how your images impress the buyers with money.

• Love 1