CEPIC south of France in 2 days !!!

5 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

the annual congress;

hundreds of visual content providers exhibiting;

who on this forum will be there??

& report back to the rest of us?

with hourly updates?

May 15 -- 17

Thank you for this info Jeff. I had never heard of CEPIC before. I'm on the other side of the world so I definitely won't be attending. But it's interesting to know they exist. I had a look at their website and this year the theme of the conference is "Authenticity in the Age of AI". I read that Alamy is also a sponsor. As contributors it is probably good to know the direction stock agencies are moving in, in terms of how we fit into that framework. It is definitely an ever changing space.

9 hours ago, geogphotos said:

The 2000 euros membership fee is a bit much for me 🫣

Gosh! It does feel a bit like we are minions. I’m assuming the membership is for the big player companies. I guess it’s good to observe and understand what is going on within the industry as the trends and decisions made filter down to us.

3 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

Gosh! It does feel a bit like we are minions. I’m assuming the membership is for the big player companies. I guess it’s good to observe and understand what is going on within the industry as the trends and decisions made filter down to us.

I suppose that in practical terms the main purpose of these gatherings is for agencies to network with each other and strike collaborative deals. I can't think that they spend too much time thnking about photographers' interests. 

I don't see any membership option under 2000 euros ( apart from affiliates) so it does look to me that they do not want small suppliers to be empowered or included.

• Love 1
  • Like 4