Volunteer Moderator

Martin L

As the forum team are struggling to moderate all threads and closing down some favourites, would it be an idea to appoint a volunteer moderator from some of the common contributors to those threads?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

The person who starts the thread moderates the thread?

Not really, just a long time forum contributor that would be willing to take the moderation role for those 'non Alamy' discussion threads.

Edited by Martin L

On 21/03/2024 at 13:47, Martin L said:

As the forum team are struggling to moderate all threads and closing down some favourites, would it be an idea to appoint a volunteer moderator from some of the common contributors to those threads?

Make kill files work to do blocking both ways.   My first bout at Alamy I had a guy who insisted on giving me bad irrelevant advice, blocked him, but could see that he could see me and couldn't resist stalking me.  Not the reason for quitting then, but certainly no fun.   If I block someone, they should not be able to see my posts, not just that I can't see theirs.   On Facebook, my blocked list of names was longer than my friends list.

I feel like the personal groups were kinda cringe, not denying that I may have contributed to it.

I do think Alamy should reward those who give lots genuinely useful photographic information on the forum, like an upgrade to a larger share of the gross.

On 23/03/2024 at 16:21, Rebecca Ore said:

I do think Alamy should reward those who give lots genuinely useful photographic information on the forum, like an upgrade to a larger share of the gross.

We can wish....

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/03/2024 at 16:21, Rebecca Ore said:

cherching! 🤑

On 27/03/2024 at 20:37, M.Chapman said:

We can wish....

yup