Apple OS

Allan Bell

Question

Have any Apple computer users on M2 units moved up from Ventura 13.6.1 to Sonoma 14.1 yet and if so did they encounter any problems?

Allan

5 answers to this question

I updated my M1 Mac to Sonoma a few weeks ago and all is working fine - no problems with Lightroom. There should be  no difference between M1 and M2 Macs. I had a bit of messing about to get my Epson printer working properly using a colour managed workflow as I often have to do with macOS updates but I got it sorted with relatively mild (mostly) swearing. You shouldn't have any problems unless you are using older peripherals (or maybe old software?). Best to make a backup beforehand if you are concerned.

Edited by MDM

11 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Have any Apple computer users on M2 units moved up from Ventura 13.6.1 to Sonoma 14.1 yet and if so did they encounter any problems?

Allan

No M1 or M2 here, but successfully upgraded my MBP 15" 2018 16GB 1TB running Ventura to Sonoma 14.1.1 yesterday. All went smoothly, no software issues.

14 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Hi allan, Same as MDM here, M1 Studio and M2 MacBook Pro, no issues on Sonoma 14.1 :)

20 hours ago, MDM said:

I updated my M1 Mac to Sonoma a few weeks ago and all is working fine - no problems with Lightroom. There should be  no difference between M1 and M2 Macs. I had a bit of messing about to get my Epson printer working properly using a colour managed workflow as I often have to do with macOS updates but I got it sorted with relatively mild (mostly) swearing. You shouldn't have any problems unless you are using older peripherals (or maybe old software?). Best to make a backup beforehand if you are concerned.

9 hours ago, sb photos said:

No M1 or M2 here, but successfully upgraded my MBP 15" 2018 16GB 1TB running Ventura to Sonoma 14.1.1 yesterday. All went smoothly, no software issues.

6 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

Hi allan, Same as MDM here, M1 Studio and M2 MacBook Pro, no issues on Sonoma 14.1 :)

Thank you Gentlemen.

That is a job for tomorrow.

Allan