Sorry if this is an old topic... I don't get on the forum much these days.

Is it just me or have things slowed down massively from last year... numbers of sales AND revenue? And I've just checked my sales history and my last 4 images went for a total profit of $10, including 2 that sold for $0.20 and $0.25 for "Country: Worldwide. Usage: Editorial, Website and Social media, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity".

I'm sure if I look at the latest T & C, they have me over a barrel, but this isn't what I signed up for.

On 24/10/2023 at 16:17, Astronautilus said:

Sorry if this is an old topic... I don't get on the forum much these days.

Is it just me or have things slowed down massively from last year... numbers of sales AND revenue? And I've just checked my sales history and my last 4 images went for a total profit of $10, including 2 that sold for $0.20 and $0.25 for "Country: Worldwide. Usage: Editorial, Website and Social media, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity".

I'm sure if I look at the latest T & C, they have me over a barrel, but this isn't what I signed up for.

The majority of my sales this year have been for around the $1.55g mark. People are making money from those images but it ain't me.

Edited by Sultanpepa
  • Love 1

I've already beaten my sales and revenue for last year, but I also upload fairly regularly. As of today, I have 200 sales for $2,581 gross (average per image has dropped over the years, but I'm licensing more images).

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It has never been "a hobby" for me.  For me on Alamy this year is down a bit from last year.  Still my average this year so far is $45 per license.

I will add that the drop in license fees and the usages being granted have concerned me for the past few years.

Chuck

Hazel, I do miss the Northwest, grew up in Seattle, when the Smith Tower was the tallest building in town...

Edited by Chuck Nacke
addition

3 hours ago, Hazel said:

It's a hobby at this point. 

Looked through your pictures of the US and smiled when I saw a couple of Bath, in the UK.

A hobby that made a stranger smile on the other side of the world, that's not so bad.