Can I resubmit an image.

I am just wondering if I can resubmit an image that has been rejected without being assessed? This happens when an image is rejected and all other images in that batch are then rejected without being assessed. I get that the staff are busy and if they reject an image they assume all images in that batch will be rejected as well. I feel I still have images that would be passed through QC if they were assessed.

ON another note, Can I delete images that have failed QC?

• Love 1

Hi Robert,

2 minutes ago, Robert Connelly said:

I am just wondering if I can resubmit an image that has been rejected without being assessed? This happens when an image is rejected and all other images in that batch are then rejected without being assessed. I get that the staff are busy and if they reject an image they assume all images in that batch will be rejected as well. I feel I still have images that would be passed through QC if they were assessed.

Yes you can, but make sure you've done some QC checking yourself first before submitting. This will reduce the risk of failing QC:

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-qc-failure-reasons.pdf

Make sure you don't re-submit or edit first before re-uploading the images that were rejected!

4 minutes ago, Robert Connelly said:

ON another note, Can I delete images that have failed QC?

No the submission remains on your profile, but just ignore it.

Steve

• Love 1

No problem. Wouldn't expect to get artifacts unless you're doing some pretty major edits. My normal edits using Lightroom are something like:

• Lens corrections
  • Level horizons, get rid of converging verticals
  • Potential cropping to improve the composition/get rid of distracting elements
  • Correct the white balance and temperature
  • Correct the exposure
  • Get rid of any dust spots or distracting elements
  • Carry out local saturation/exposure edits etc. 
  • Adjust the saturation/luminance etc. overall and on individual colours if needed.
  • Adjust the white and black points.
  • Adjust shadows

Some contributors don't edit much. But editing helps make your images more saleable and reduces your chances of QC failure. 

Good luck!

7 minutes ago, Steve F said:

No problem. Wouldn't expect to get artifacts unless you're doing some pretty major edits. My normal edits using Lightroom are something like:

• Lens corrections
  • Level horizons, get rid of converging verticals
  • Potential cropping to improve the composition/get rid of distracting elements
  • Correct the white balance and temperature
  • Correct the exposure
  • Get rid of any dust spots or distracting elements
  • Carry out local saturation/exposure edits etc. 
  • Adjust the saturation/luminance etc. overall and on individual colours if needed.
  • Adjust the white and black points.
  • Adjust shadows

Some contributors don't edit much. But editing helps make your images more saleable and reduces your chances of QC failure. 

Good luck!

More or less the same but I will sharpen a little if I think it needs it. The secret to passing QC in my opinion is to under rather than over edit. If it needs a lot of editing then it's probably not a good image in the first place. When assessing an image I'm strict on looking at it zoomed to 100%. With the D850 you can decrease the size by half and still have a large enough file.

On another note. You have a few nice butterfly images with no identification, common or scientific. I have a goodly amount of butterfly images, all identified with both names. I seldom sell one, they aren’t a particularly in-demand subject. So when you have some absolutely unidentified, I doubt you will sell one unless someone buys it for the plant/flower it is on. There again, that plant/flower needs identified with both names, or you won’t have a chance there.

I have had to reject uploading the odd botanical image myself because I couldn’t identify it.

The goal is to sell your images, so give them the best chance you can. I have to mention this: “almost” 100% of insect, butterfly, plants flowers/tree images I’ve sold has been searched by the scientific name. A few by the common name.

Hope this helps you.

Betty

• Love 2