my infringed image payment due to (name of infringer)

should this be ongoing thread?
contribs alerting each other about known infringers?
then we can search those infringers for our own
images & determine if we've also been infringed
& report it to PAlamy if we have...?

I have no infringer to report, but other contribs
are more savvy & have uncovered their infringers...?
or will PAlamy nix this strategy?  they ought not as
it will enrich their own infringement coffers...

any advice-comments on this topic sought....

I have had two infringers that I know of and told PAlamy both times but they could noy follow them up.  Useless.

Allan

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I have had two infringers that I know of...

AlanB & all

but if your infringer had been an infringer
from which another contrib had successfully
collected an infringement fee previously, IMO
your chance of also collecting an infringement
fee rises to near 100%.
Alan.
don't.
you.
see.
this?
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg

The best infringement payment I've received so far (~$300 net) was when someone used one of my images to promote their apartment on an online property rental booking site. NB. It wasn't the booking site that was at fault, but the contributor who had broken the sites rules. Indeed, it's possible that the online rental booking site may actually have helped in the "enforcement" process by fining the contributor and passing on the fee. The settlement was achieved via Pixsy (before Alamy started their own service).

Mark

12 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

The best infringement payment I've received so far (~$300 net) was when someone used one of my images to promote their apartment on an online property rental booking site. NB. It wasn't the booking site that was at fault, but the contributor who had broken the sites rules. Indeed, it's possible that the online rental booking site may actually have helped in the "enforcement" process by fining the contributor and passing on the fee. The settlement was achieved via Pixsy (before Alamy started their own service).

Mark

I've also had this a couple of times from one online booking site - based in Netherlands. Very responsible, prompt response from them.

But others are based in countries where they can't be chased, others where they wriggle out by saying it user generated content, other sites effectively hide their contact details and Pixsy can't trace them. So it depends.

As to the suggestion from the OP - Alamy will not want their forum used for naming and shaming clients or potential clients. Also, legally dubious I would think.

• Like 2