Working out my photoshop troubles

I started this thread since I was taking over the other one with my problems, and I apologize for that. I’ve done the things suggested in the other thread to solve why a file in ACR won’t open into Photoshop, but nothing worked.

First off, I’ll tell you I’m using Bridge 2022 and Photoshop 2023. I  couldn't seem to get the latest upgrades to do what I needed in the way I was used to. Old dogs, new tricks & all that jazz. That’s not the problem, though (I doubt) because I had the problem before PS 2024 came out. (Yes I do have Photoshop 2024 on my Mac but no link to it in the bottom toolbar, only the ones I use are there.

Paulette sent me a link from a post, someone with the same problem. The solve suggested going into Bridge settings, Preferences, then File Associations. There you change the file types you use…Tiff, jpeg, camera brands, etc to the Photoshop you use. In my case, 2023. I did all of that, then closed Bridge & Photoshop, then rebooted my Mac. The files still didn’t open from ACR into Photoshop. But I found a workaround that does work!   
All I did was right click on a thumbnail in Bridge. From there, “Open with..choose Photoshop 2023 and it opened in ACR. After adjustments, clicking on the Open button bottom right, it opened just fine into Photoshop. So instead of double clicking on the thumbnail, I right click on it & choose Open With. Takes a couple of seconds more that way but I don’t care.

I think I’m done with trying to figure out why it doesn’t work the way it should since the trying takes up valuable time better spent elsewhere.

I do want to thank everyone for intelligent suggestions meant to help me. You all are the best & always greatly appreciated.

Betty

• Like 1

Betty, I've been having problems with Adobe CC, many issues with different problems.  I also got a new PC with much more horsepower than required for Adobe apps.

I got tired of Googling to solve issues and just went to the Adobe site and the contact link and got them on the telephone, they need remote access to your machine and

they fix the problems.  They have been very good.

Good Luck,

Chuck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I started this thread since I was taking over the other one with my problems, and I apologize for that. I’ve done the things suggested in the other thread to solve why a file in ACR won’t open into Photoshop, but nothing worked.

First off, I’ll tell you I’m using Bridge 2022 and Photoshop 2023. I  couldn't seem to get the latest upgrades to do what I needed in the way I was used to. Old dogs, new tricks & all that jazz. That’s not the problem, though (I doubt) because I had the problem before PS 2024 came out. (Yes I do have Photoshop 2024 on my Mac but no link to it in the bottom toolbar, only the ones I use are there.

Paulette sent me a link from a post, someone with the same problem. The solve suggested going into Bridge settings, Preferences, then File Associations. There you change the file types you use…Tiff, jpeg, camera brands, etc to the Photoshop you use. In my case, 2023. I did all of that, then closed Bridge & Photoshop, then rebooted my Mac. The files still didn’t open from ACR into Photoshop. But I found a workaround that does work!   
All I did was right click on a thumbnail in Bridge. From there, “Open with..choose Photoshop 2023 and it opened in ACR. After adjustments, clicking on the Open button bottom right, it opened just fine into Photoshop. So instead of double clicking on the thumbnail, I right click on it & choose Open With. Takes a couple of seconds more that way but I don’t care.

I think I’m done with trying to figure out why it doesn’t work the way it should since the trying takes up valuable time better spent elsewhere.

I do want to thank everyone for intelligent suggestions meant to help me. You all are the best & always greatly appreciated.

Betty

Glad you've found a solution. I suspect that's working for the same reason as the "Drag and Drop" workaround in the Adobe forum thread I posted.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/files-do-not-open-in-photoshop-through-bridge-and-cameraraw/td-p/13278618

Mark

10 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty

OMG Betty that sounds like a nightmare and well done for sorting it out.  I am keeping this thread.  After reading I thought I had better check mine!  I noticed that Bridge and PS had disappeared from my dock!  I managed to find them reinstate in the dock and it now appears I have Bridge 2024 and PS 2024 - tried opening a RAW file in Bridge then opening in PS  and both seem OK at the moment 🙏 - I mean it's still 2023 and I hadn't realised they had both even updated🫢  Even my 'Get Pictures from Camera' icon had disappeared from the dock but now reinstated.  Not had much time out with the camera lately but hopefully that will be changing at the end of the month and just hoping everything still works and that I remember how it all works😂

Thank heavens for this forum !!

Carol

Edited by CAROL SAUNDERS
change

6 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Glad you've found a solution. I suspect that's working for the same reason as the "Drag and Drop" workaround in the Adobe forum thread I posted.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/files-do-not-open-in-photoshop-through-bridge-and-cameraraw/td-p/13278618

Mark

Mark, for some reason, drag & drop didn’t work for me. You see, I have Gremlins assigned to me that’s only job is to make me miserable.

Chuck, thanks for your kind advice, and Carole, Confusion-In-Arms, I understand. Things mysteriously come & go in my dock also.