Legion-Media & Profimedia

Over a dozen of my images that I had never received payment for were licensed through these distributors over the past few years.  Quite a few to a Croatian site https://www.jutarnji.hr/  & others to a Russian site https://www.vokrugsveta.ru/ as well as a few others.  I've been aware of some of the uses for a while and can't remember if I ever reported these specific ones, but annoyed to see the scope of it.  If someone with my relatively small port size has so many illicit uses - I imagine a fair number of other contributors do as well. 

I was feeling particularly grouchy this evening and went through and reported the unauthorized uses, something I hadn't done before as I expect the payout to be relatively insignificant. Doubt anything much will come of it but I suppose there's always a chance.  Anyone else had success chasing infringements/unpaid uses from these particular distributors? 

I always report, no matter what. There is no money in it, but I don't want to courage Alamy to give my images away for free. 

Anyways, I got an answer from Alamy considering Vokrugsveta infringement: "Due to recent international events involving Russia, we are unable to currently work with certain Russian entities at this time." Now I get that, but the same conditions were in effect when they gave away my Image. Be decent and boycott Russia!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

Anyways, I got an answer from Alamy considering Vokrugsveta infringement: "Due to recent international events involving Russia, we are unable to currently work with certain Russian entities at this time." Now I get that, but the same conditions were in effect when they gave away my Image. Be decent and boycott Russia!

I received the same reply today as well and also that they've cut ties with Legion-media. 

2 hours ago, Dave Richards said:

I raised the same issue at the outset of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Why are Alamy having ANY involvement with the Russian market?

Its a slippery slope, ceasing business in Russia and not in certain other countries would be hypocritical.  We don't see a boycott of the US for involvement in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Yemen or Syria.  A boycott of China for its government-backed genocide and crimes against humanity related to the Uyghurs or boycotts for any number of abhorrent things going on in the world right now that various governments are involved in.  Alamy has the luxury of just being an image stock agency - it doesn't deal in technology, oil, gas, etc... or anything that can measurably benefit the war machine so doesn't have to make the hard choices. Plus it sounds like sales to russia or at least russian distributors have ceased? 

• Like 1