Model or property releases when unrecognisable

I am going to upload some pictures made during sunset with fishing boat ( people on board ) in open sea and people / child at beach. Do I need property or model  releases even if boat , people on the beach  are not unrecognisable due to sunset ? What in case I have removed boat name on one of picture where still visible ?

Edited by Jacek

No. Just say how many people and property in the image and check "no releases". I think it is dishonest to remove a name. Presumably the owner can recognize the boat and people. Total honesty is best, in my opinion.

Paulette

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Jacek changed the title to Model or property releases when unrecognisable
9 minutes ago, Jacek said:

I am going to upload some pictures made during sunset with fishing boat ( people on board ) and people / child at sea. Do I need property or model  releases even if boat , people on the beach  are not unrecognisable ? What in case I have removed boat name on one of picture where still visible.

If people in image in AIM (Optional) enter number of people where it asks "do you have model releases" tick no.  Property (boat) tick yes were it asks "is there property in image" A new line comes up tick no if you do not have releases.

No need to remove name on boat.

Allan

NYCat beat me to it.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

If people in image in AIM (Optional) enter number of people where it asks "do you have model releases" tick no.  Property (boat) tick yes were it asks "is there property in image" A new line comes up tick no if you do not have releases.

No need to remove name on boat.

Allan

NYCat beat me to it.

Brilliant people think the same. 😀

Paulette

Just now, NYCat said:

Brilliant people think the same. 😀

Paulette

Well we are very experienced now in the way of things with Alamy, and probably lots of other things as well but we will not go there.😃

Allan

Actually in the days when I first started with Alamy most of my photos were of scenes, animals, birds, flowers, buildings, motor vehicles, etc. I was too cautious about taking photos of people so not many appeared at first.  First being quite a long time.

These days I even ask people if I can take their picture. Most of the time they oblige and do not even ask me what I want it for but I do try to explain why.  Of course with events like I have been shooting lately the people taking part expect it and even pose for you.

Allan

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

These days I even ask people if I can take their picture. Most of the time they oblige and do not even ask me what I want it for but I do try to explain why.  Of course with events like I have been shooting lately the people taking part expect it and even pose for you.

Allan

Does it mean that verbal permission is sufficient and no need written ?

20 hours ago, Jacek said:

Does it mean that verbal permission is sufficient and no need written ?

No verbal is not a release. It cannot be proven in court.

Allan