Such a terrible tragedy in Hawaii. I did 4 major airline shoots on the Islands, plus one for a magazine and another for American Express. At one point, I was offered a contract with a luxury hotel chain and I almost moved there. Maui was always considered one of the most beautiful islands. I can't imagine it now. 

• Like 1

So true. Maui is the island my different family members chose to vacation. I’ve never felt the urge to go there like I did for the Caribbean.

I feel so sorry for the residents. They've lost a part of their history.

Was on Maui in 2002 and spent some time in Lahaina, such a cute and historical town.  Very sad, what has happened.  My daughter has plans, in September, made before the wildfires, to go to Oahu and Maui, but will have to change her Maui plans.  She has a cousin (my brother's older son) who is stationed on Oahu, in the Navy...a helicopter pilot (not sure if he got called into action to Maui).  Anyway, she wanted to visit him while he is stationed there.  I am urging her to go to Molokai instead of Maui, or maybe Kauai.

I am sure Lahaina will rebuild but surely never the same, with the loss of so many historic structures.

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Like 1