Sales Question - Deduction?

I don't have a lot of sales with Alamy and would like to know other contributors' experiences here.  On a recent sales report there were 3 sales, one of them was for $225.  On this sale there was a deduction of $180.  Is this typical?  

The other two were for negligible amounts - under $15 each - and 75% of each of them were "deducted."  What are these deductions about?  The higher sale was RF, as was one of the lower sales, and the third was RM - doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I haven't had a lot of sales with Alamy, but thought their model was supposed to be pretty good for contributors compared to other stock agencies.  One site suggested that photographers get paid 40-50% of sales.  But that doesn't seem to be accurate.      

• 2 weeks later...

On a related issue, my cleared balance went DOWN today.

A $4.50 fee on a recent sale (that has not cleared yet) was deducted from the balance.

I am still waiting 6 months for $00.02 net sales to clear.

It is infuriating that Alamy would deduct the $4.50 fee from a sale that most likely will not clear for another 4-5 months.

I really wish that Alamy would stop posting uncleared sales and simply add the cleared amounts to the balance WHEN THEY CLEAR.

I don't need to know that I made a sale but won't see any money from it for half a year or more.

End of rant.

On 23/06/2023 at 21:06, newbie in nyc said:

On a related issue, my cleared balance went DOWN today.

A $4.50 fee on a recent sale (that has not cleared yet) was deducted from the balance.

I am still waiting 6 months for $00.02 net sales to clear.

It is infuriating that Alamy would deduct the $4.50 fee from a sale that most likely will not clear for another 4-5 months.

I really wish that Alamy would stop posting uncleared sales and simply add the cleared amounts to the balance WHEN THEY CLEAR.

I don't need to know that I made a sale but won't see any money from it for half a year or more.

End of rant.

I had two of those which were affiliate charges for sales that appeared about a month ago. Technically, Alamy could have deducted those charges at the time the sale was reported along with their own commission, so I don’t see that it makes much difference. Personally, I’d rather know when I’ve got a sale as soon as possible as I am then more likely to know where it was used (and can discount it as an infringement), though the time for some sales to clear is indeed very frustrating.