How to down size?

I have been reading through some threads and have seen mention of downsizing for submissions. How is this done? I am editing in DXO and exporting to the Mac "Photos" but, do not see any options to downsize.

On 23/04/2023 at 03:45, LostHwy said:

I have been reading through some threads and have seen mention of downsizing for submissions. How is this done? I am editing in DXO and exporting to the Mac "Photos" but, do not see any options to downsize.

Is this any help?

https://feedback.dxo.com/t/resize-option-when-exporting/19048

Mark

58 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

QC recognise motion blur if it's intentional.

Well... Not my case 🙂

Working with tele-lenses and moving animals often produces it non-intentionally...

No doubt it's paranoia left over from my days locked up in the "Sin Bin", but I often downsize images somewhat before submitting to Alamy in order to improve their overall look. Most editorial uses are small anyway. As Mark noted above, downsizing can normally be done when exporting images in RAW processing programs like DXO. However, I prefer to downsize stored TIFFs using my ancient version of Photoshop Elements because it's nice and simple (Image --> Image Size --> Resize --> Bicubic Sharper).

2 hours ago, IKuzmin said:

Well... Not my case 🙂

Working with tele-lenses and moving animals often produces it non-intentionally...

I had one of a Violet Saberwing hummingbird that I submitted as a unique image  Motion blur passed.   The hummingbird feeder was in focus.  Never licensed, so didn't put it back up when I rejoined.  I think this is an "it depends" situation.   Most hummingbirds are photographed with enough flashes to stop motion, certainly all the photos I've seen on-line or in the hummingbird book I have.  We tend to see them in the flesh as more blurred.  The book of North American raptors also has little or no motion-blurred shots. 

4 minutes ago, Rebecca Ore said:

I had one of a Violet Saberwing hummingbird that I submitted as a unique image  Motion blur passed

I had licensed hummingbirds with body in-focus but wings heavily blurred, and not once. Not only hummingbirds actually, but this is the case of an "intentional" blur, as opposes to many other situations when a blur was not wanted, and was not expected based on the subject. And even if one intends to "freeze" with flashes it depends on many variables...

• Like 1