help with vehicle ID if poss please

If possible I could do with some help with identifying this rolls royce, I have searched the web using the reg number etc but still don't have a definite  ID..I was pretty sure that it is a rolls royce silver wraith...but I cant see shape of the back of the car from this image and the layout of the lights look slightly different..

The annoying thing is that I normally try and photograph things like the bit of paper in the window which probably had the vehicle details on it...but on this occasion I missed it..

Thanks for any help, Steve.

DMK5DY.jpg

I don't think it's a Wraith, it's too early.  I'm sure you've tried the DVLA website that puts its manufacture year as 1932.  I think it might be a 20/25, but that's just a guess!  RR cars from that time were sold as a chassis with running gear and they were then sent to a coachbuilder to have a body fitted, so the bodies were all different.

Where was it taken?

I don't think it's a Wraith, it's too early.  I'm sure you've tried the DVLA website that puts its manufacture year as 1932.  I think it might be a 20/25, but that's just a guess!  RR cars from that time were sold as a chassis with running gear and they were then sent to a coachbuilder to have a body fitted, so the bodies were all different.

Thanks for the reply Sue, it could possibly be a 20/25... still not sure so will keep looking.

Where was it taken?......outside of west dean college during a xmas fair..

A getaway car from Downton Abbey?

As a getaway car I recon it would be alright in a straight line but not much good round corners :)

Ah, I did a very enjoyable short course there a few years ago and I love West Dean Gardens.

Just found this http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C396009 but see I've been beaten to it!

Thanks very much Sue...west dean is a lovely place also the weald and downland is worth a visit...

I see you are from Surrey and have some Haslemere / Hindhead images in your port... I was born in Haslemere and lived in Fernhurst, so did my drinking in all of the Haslemere pubs ( and there is a few of them ) back in my youth before moving down to the sunny south coast... I do miss the Fernhurst / Haslemere area sometimes but cant imagine it was the same as it was before I left at the beggining of the 80's

Archived