Passport/ID photos- professional photographers' stories

spacecadet

From some posts elsewhere I thought this might make a thread.

My first was taken at the camera shop on wipe-down Polaroid. How innocent-looking at 16. My photography had started by then but I wouldn't have been capable of doing it myself. In between, a student union ID photo in borderline greaser garb.

Subsequently they're all home-grown. For the next one I used a window-light pic I'd taken four years (!) before for a press piece. Next, studio flash, but still b/w, waistcoat and tie, and still on film of course, taken for a campaign leaflet.

The last one and we're onto digital, plain backgrounds and the rest, but you were still allowed b/w, so I converted it. Paper prints still required, so cropped (probably in Picasa) and sent to a printing company. In between, a Chinese visa, same.

Currently, it's compulsory colour, online submission and automatic cropping and I have to say it does look a little better. Especially as it's still maroon. Still wearing a tie, pink.

Some of OH's have been mine if there was time, some not, but I can tell, of course, and mine are better, naturally. 😉

And I still have a paper driving licence.

16 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

And I still have a paper driving licence.

Wait until you reach 70, then you have to have a 3 year plastic card. My old green paper license from the 1970's was falling apart, so I welcomed the new one.

2 hours ago, sb photos said:

Wait until you reach 70, then you have to have a 3 year plastic card. My old green paper license from the 1970's was falling apart, so I welcomed the new one.

Hmmm! Just checked mine is not due for renewal till next year. That will be the third one.

Allan