Problem reading Sony RX100 V files

I've recently got my RX100 back from repair and all is well, BUT, when I try to read files using the USB link to the camera I am finding that they are stored in a separate directory for each day they have been shot, and, when I transfer those files to my hard drive they store as read only.

I can switch off the read only thing on the PC, but I would prefer that they presented in the same was as files from my a6500 do. i.e. a single directory with sequentially numbered files that are not read only.  I can't find any obvious difference in the set up between the two cameras, and I can remove the memory card from the RX100 and read it directly on the PC, but does anyone know why this is happening and can I change the RX set up to prevent it?

Surely RAW files are always read-only, or am I missing something?

This sounds like a question for the repairer- have they reset to factory default? There's an item called "folder name" in my A58 menu to change the folder format, "date form" (folder-a-day, which I've always used) or "standard form", which sounds like what you want.

Edited by spacecadet

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Surely RAW files are always read-only, or am I missing something?

This sounds like a question for the repairer- have they reset to factory default? There's an item called "folder name" in my A58 menu to change the folder format, "date form" (folder-a-day, which I've always used) or "standard form", which sounds like what you want.

Thank Mark, I've checked and my RX is set to standard form. LR is normally able to edit raw files, but not those downloaded via the direct USB link to my camera. No problems with my a6500 or with files downloaded directly from the RX memory card when removed from the camera.