dubious email from Adobe

I've had a message from Adobe I don't quite trust. In the main message they don't address me,but they do refer to my name later in the ID

http://landing.adobe.com/dam/global/images/adobe-logo.420x110.png

Your Adobe account will expire soon.

Dear Adobe customer,

We've noticed you have not logged in to your Adobe account in more than a year. In keeping with our policies, we are contacting you to let you know your Adobe ID will expire 90 days from now

others had this? smells bit of scam, but I could be wrong.

I do use Photoshop but it's a paid up front license CS5 and we all use Adobe reader for looking at PDFs but as far as I know, I don't actually have an account with Adobe. Don't sell images rights there.

Edited by Robert M Estall

If you don't have an account with Adobe then it stands to reason it's a fishy email. I also doubt (but admittedly haven't checked) that they would remove your account after such a period of inactivity.

If you did have an Adobe account, I would advise following no links in the email, and instead signing in at Adobe's actual website. But it's 99% a fake, with links inside intending to steal your info.

Edited by Cal

It's genuinely from Adobe.

Since they've had problems with hacks in the past, and even though I no longer use any Adobe products, I changed my password on the actual Adobe website -- as @Cal described -- and then re-followed the links in the email to see if it was phishing. It wasn't.

I keep my account with them because maybe, one day, I may want to reactivate my perpetual licences.