Newbie looking for feedback

Jacek

Your photos are beautiful but you will need to do a lot more work on your captions and keywords so that clients can find your work. I am copying this advice from Steve F.... 

Your captions are too short, be aware that they are also searchable by clients. Include the Latin as well as the common name of plants, insects and the location (including the country). Some helpful links:

https://www.alamy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Captions-and-Tags-checklist.pdf

https://www.alamy.com/blog/tips-for-your-captions-from-the-sales-team

https://www.alamy.com/blog/captions-and-tags

If you read advice given to other people in this section of the forum you will find more helpful suggestions. I noticed you misspelled horse in your keywords to one image.

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Your photos are beautiful but you will need to do a lot more work on your captions and keywords so that clients can find your work. I am copying this advice from Steve F.... 

Your captions are too short, be aware that they are also searchable by clients. Include the Latin as well as the common name of plants, insects and the location (including the country). Some helpful links:

https://www.alamy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Captions-and-Tags-checklist.pdf

https://www.alamy.com/blog/tips-for-your-captions-from-the-sales-team

https://www.alamy.com/blog/captions-and-tags

If you read advice given to other people in this section of the forum you will find more helpful suggestions. I noticed you misspelled horse in your keywords to one image.

Paulette

Dear NYCat , many thanks for Your advice and enclosed links ( will study today evening ). Keyword alredy corrected ;) . Best Regards

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

Hi Jacek,

Lovely images! You should include both British and American spellings for keywords, e.g. colorful / colourful. You have at least 3 captions with tress instead of 'trees'.

Steve

Hi Steve , thank You  for advice and info about misprint. I looked at this so many times and didnt see .

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Jacek said:

Morning Jacek,

Is that a subtle hint that you want us to look at your portfolio again? 🙃

1. Try clicking on the number under your name in this thread; no need to provide a link.

2. Your captions are still too short. Captions are also searchable, not just keywords.

e.g. 

Seagull - Image ID: 2M55P9M

Where is it, what common name, what Latin name, when is it etc etc.????

Steve

p.s. Did you read the links provided by NYCat above?

Edited by Steve F

Good mornig Steve,

Thank Yours.

Just only realized that under link in my first post only 3 ( worst) pictures.

I have read links provided by NYCat several times but several weeks ago and  as You see still have problem to folow this advice.

Best Regards

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jacek said:

Good mornig Steve,

Thank Yours.

Just only realized that under link in my first post only 3 ( worst) pictures.

I have read links provided by NYCat several times but several weeks ago and  as You see still have problem to folow this advice.

Best Regards

I didn't check which gull it is. But E.g. 'A closeup of the European herring gull (Larus argentatus) seen from below in flight, flying over the Dorset coast in winter. December, England.'

I suggest you have a look at some other contributor's portfolios to see how they caption and keyword, particularly those with similar subjects to you. 

(but don't assume they'll be perfect at it either!)

2 minutes ago, Steve F said:

I suggest you have a look at some other contributor's portfolios to see how they caption and keyword, particularly those with similar subjects to you. 

(but don't assume they'll be perfect at it either!)

Steve , good idea. Thanks Must improove my captions and keywords. Alamy measures still showing  '0' The true dont have many pictures ... yet :)

• Like 1

You desperately need to improve your captions and keywords.

Image 2K8C12R. Caption should be:  Belgian mare and foal in field eating grass. Mare lying down.

added to keywords should be:  belgian (that's the breed), mare, foal, lying down, eating grass, draft horse, horses, draft horses, etc.  Use words that describe what you see in the image.  Think how your buyer would search when looking for an image like yours.  You need to include the plurals as Alamy doesn't use stemming.

Jill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

You desperately need to improve your captions and keywords.

Image 2K8C12R. Caption should be:  Belgian mare and foal in field eating grass. Mare lying down.

added to keywords should be:  belgian (that's the breed), mare, foal, lying down, eating grass, draft horse, horses, draft horses, etc.  Use words that describe what you see in the image.  Think how your buyer would search when looking for an image like yours.  You need to include the plurals as Alamy doesn't use stemming.

Jill

Dear Jill

Thanks for valuable advice. Your caption example help me a lot how to describe 

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/10/2022 at 01:27, Jacek said:

Hi ,

I have just started uploading some of my pictures . Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Jack

hi-res stock photography and images - Alamy

Jacek,

First, I tend to not like "Bird Photos", but some of yours are stunning, IE Image:2K6WWJT.

Like others have written, Captions and keywords are the key to licensing images.  It is hard to

learn captioning and keywording, but at least it appears that you have images that will make it

worth your time.

Chuck

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Hi Chuck,

Nice to read You like some of my photos . Thank You. 

To tell the true I am bird photographer from few weeks only. I have never suppose to be. I made first photos during last autumn and step by step  I loved this. Especialy when bought some  camouflage what allowed me to  short distance. This time I have made hundred pictures but only few are worth to show.

Still do my best to improve my Captions and keywords but very often I have no idea what else .

Best Regards

• Like 2