I used to contribute to “Have you found any Alamy images in ….” Using my Telegraph subscription to check for Alamy sales.  I have had to give up as the new website is now so slow as to be useless.  I used to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday and Sunday on the task but I don’t have the will or motivation to spend all day on this.  A pity…

Edited by IanDavidson

The very real concern is that picture buyers will be getting just as fed up with it and going elsewhere, why wouldn't they?

My impression is that searching in 'All images' is around the same, difficult to compare obviously. However once you go into 'Creative' (Ultimate, Vital, Uncut, Foundation) the speed falls off a cliff, ironic since this is supposed to be the main focus of the new makeover designed to attract the sophisticated new  Advertising clientele.

Also, Editorial is a mess of course with still no explanation from Alamy as to how this is supposed to work or, more importantly, how we are supposed to alter our captioning or 'Editorial' status to make best use of it, and no link or mention on the Home page.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Like 1

It seems that the "All" filter is the only one that works more or less properly. Getting rid of the "New" filter (confusing as it was) was also counter-productive IMO. Hopefully, Alamy will rethink all of this before regular customers start jumping ship. Has anyone had any sales to this "sophisticated new advertising clientele" yet? 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 2

On 06/08/2022 at 12:00, John Mitchell said:

It seems that the "All" filter is the only one that works more or less properly. Getting rid of the "New" filter (confusing as it was) was also counter-productive IMO. Hopefully, Alamy will rethink all of this before regular customers start jumping ship. Has anyone had any sales to this "sophisticated new advertising clientele" yet? 

I didn't realize they had eliminated the "New" filter.  I thought it would be useful for customers.

The new search engine is mystifying to me.  Not only do pages take so long to load, but the results are often puzzling.  When I searched for Burnaby British Columbia (a city next to Vancouver), under the "Vital" option, there were mainly images of ducks and other water birds. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, MariaJ said:

I didn't realize they had eliminated the "New" filter.  I thought it would be useful for customers.

The new search engine is mystifying to me.  Not only do pages take so long to load, but the results are often puzzling.  When I searched for Burnaby British Columbia (a city next to Vancouver), under the "Vital" option, there were mainly images of ducks and other water birds. 

Yes, it's bizarre. The search engine often seems to ignore key search terms (e.g. "burnaby" in your example) within phrases when the slow-as-molasses "creative" filters are used. Why the "New" filter got nixed is also a mystery. It's a standard feature on most stock agency websites. The whole system needs emergency first aid in my opinion, before the patient expires. 👩‍⚕️

• Love 2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, MariaJ said:

When I searched for Burnaby British Columbia (a city next to Vancouver), under the "Vital" option, there were mainly images of ducks and other water birds. 

I don't think any of us understand how images are selected to go into Vital, Ultimate or Foundation and to me the results can often be pretty disappointing, not helped by the fact that they are being presented as being a cut above the rest. The goslings and water birds that you see are in fact on Burnaby Lake so at least not some conflation of 'Barnaby' Geese.

• Like 1