New to alamy-critique my portofolio

The fact that pictures of a place exist don't really mean it's "covered." Few searches are for a destination alone. As a resident, you can wait for perfect conditions for the picture of the place and consider all the behind-the-scenes images besides. You could also be seeking out images that say something about Greece besides a description of the place. Try to tell more of the story!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Brian Yarvin said:

The fact that pictures of a place exist don't really mean it's "covered." Few searches are for a destination alone. As a resident, you can wait for perfect conditions for the picture of the place and consider all the behind-the-scenes images besides. You could also be seeking out images that say something about Greece besides a description of the place. Try to tell more of the story!

I will try to find images that sell around my area

39 minutes ago, Alexander Staridas said:

I will try to find images that sell around my area

Alexander, some other things to consider. Greece has been in the news for the Eurozone crisis, immigrants, forest fires, unemployment etc... If you can take photos illustrating any of these concepts, they would be likely to sell.

For instance:

Domino's Pizza, July 2022, Basingstoke, UK at dusk. The group is experiencing a post covid worker shortage, like many in the hospitality industry  - Image ID: 2JGG61H

(This hasn't sold by the way, but it kind of illustrates what I'm talking about. Would have been better to get a Domino's rider in, but you get the idea.)

dominos-pizza-july-2022-basingstoke-uk-a

• Love 1

You can use All of Alamy and see what customers have been searching for. Search for Larissa and you will see 2 pages of searches during the last year, but not all of them seems related to your home town.

• Love 1

Good advice from Steve (above). Alamy wants to be a "creative playground." However, for the time being anyway, it is mainly an editorial agency. Consequently, if you can find subjects near where you live that relate somehow to what is "trending" in the news in Greece, you might have better luck. For example, here in Canada there is a lot going on regarding the rights of indigenous (First Nations) peoples, so that's a worthwhile topic at the moment. I've had four sales this month related to indigenous cultures. That said, things are very difficult these days, and you have to be prepared to put a lot of time and effort into stock photography for very little financial gain. I don't mean to discourage you, but it's something to be aware of. Best of luck (sorry, I don't know how to say that in Greek).

• Love 2

2 hours ago, ColdCoffee said:

You can use All of Alamy and see what customers have been searching for. Search for Larissa and you will see 2 pages of searches during the last year, but not all of them seems related to your home town.

Yes i know , but i can only shoot only what is related or near my town,for example Meteora and monasteries is a world famous area and is near to my town.

48 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Good advice from Steve (above). Alamy wants to be a "creative playground." However, for the time being anyway, it is mainly an editorial agency. Consequently, if you can find subjects near where you live that relate somehow to what is "trending" in the news in Greece, you might have better luck. For example, here in Canada there is a lot going on regarding the rights of indigenous (First Nations) peoples, so that's a worthwhile topic at the moment. I've had four sales this month related to indigenous cultures. That said, things are very difficult these days, and you have to be prepared to put a lot of time and effort into stock photography for very little financial gain. I don't mean to discourage you, but it's something to be aware of. Best of luck (sorry, I don't know how to say that in Greek).

I am living ina small city far away from the capital where all the action is.Big deomonstrations for the crisis, major events etc happening to Athens.I have to find my way to shoot something that will sell to my location.

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Best of luck in Greek is kali tihi (καλή τύχη).Thank you so much John!

22 minutes ago, Alexander Staridas said:

I am living ina small city far away from the capital where all the action is.Big deomonstrations for the crisis, major events etc happening to Athens.I have to find my way to shoot something that will sell to my location.

i like the beekeeper series, it is something local, and something that doesn't have to appeal to tourism, or travel books. you can also show a more authentic side to local greek life, people shopping at the market, struggles with daily life (gas crisis,night curfew,wildfires), education,  etc.  just have to make them not look like family snapshots. 

here was something the guardian online was looking for but couldn't find a photo of on alamy last month. psarolakas beach 

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022/jun/09/readers-favourite-greece-beaches-islands-greece

9 minutes ago, sooth said:

i like the beekeeper series, it is something local, and something that doesn't have to appeal to tourism, or travel books. you can also show a more authentic side to local greek life, people shopping at the market, struggles with daily life (gas crisis,night curfew,wildfires), education,  etc.  just have to make them not look like family snapshots. 

here was something the guardian online was looking for but couldn't find a photo of on alamy last month. psarolakas beach 

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022/jun/09/readers-favourite-greece-beaches-islands-greece

Thank you so much!I have travel in many of the places from the article but back then photography wasn't even a hobbie for me .I have some pictures from compact point and shoot film camera worst than the snapshots and a some low resolutions from a compact digital camera.I will follow your advice and concentrate to the local Greek life and customs.