Keywording/Saving Problems today...

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem.  Just keywording and captioning a few images, doing as I normally do i.e., tick the image, caption/keyword/and * major keywords, click save and untick it.  Now it's asking me if I want to save/cancel/unsave.  If I click save, it asks me exactly the same, the only way I can get out of it is to click cancel then of course it hasn't saved any new keywords - hoping all that makes some kind of sense😄

Carol

1 hour ago, Nick Hatton said:

I have a similar problem in Photoshop Elements, I can never understand why after saving an image as a Jpeg when I close the image I am always asked if I want to save it, surely I have just done that?  

The warning doesn't happen if you load a jpg into PSE, edit it and then re-save and then close. But it does if you loaded a higher fidelity format (e.g. PSD, RAW, TIFF) into PSE and have edited it. It's simply warning you that, if you click close having only saved a jpg, you will loose some of the information (because the jpg you just saved is a "lossy / lower fidelity" format).

That's my understanding anyway.

Mark

• Love 1

15 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

The warning doesn't happen if you load a jpg into PSE, edit it and then re-save and then close. But it does if you loaded a higher fidelity format (e.g. PSD, RAW, TIFF) into PSE and have edited it. It's simply warning you that, if you click close having only saved a jpg, you will loose some of the information (because the jpg you just saved is a "lossy / lower fidelity" format).

That's my understanding anyway.

Mark

Thanks Mark.