I have sorted a few thing out.

Well I think I have....I have  done some work on my keywords, not brilliant but give me a few more years and I might get a sale .. :P ..O I have only got 20 views and now zooms from 1st to 8th December.. now that looks more like a Alamy newbie doesn't it ...I have also read and digested a few things,  I don't understand it all but I am sure I will get there in the end...Thanks to to the members who pointed me in the right direction...I am now waiting for QC to pass or fail my last upload before I am off into the sun for Christmas.. :D  

Best Regards   Barbara 

I think you'll find that Your images in AlamyMeasures 2.1 hasn't yet updated today, so the results you are looking at are actually from 1st - 5th December: 5 days - of which one was a Sunday.  So your views will v. likely be a lot better than they appear at present.

Good luck - it's a lot of ongoing work.  I'm sure you'll get there in the end!

Have a good holiday - lucky devil! :)

Since 2008 I am still learning this stock business & these forums are one of the most valuable assets in than learning curve particularly now that the more emotional responses in the main seem to be history; I suggest upload loads of images in terms of variety & quality; images that answer one, some or all of the 5 Ws: who, what, where, why & when? Don't have may similars as these adversely affect your Alamy ranking and keep those keywords accurate and succinct though some contributors may argue against the latter .... I am lazy!

Remember that currently global and local search engines generally ( ignore tineye and google images for our purposes as contributors)  do not "see" images only key words; also remember to upload images that buyers may use to illustrate a point.

http://www.dphotoexpert.com/2010/12/31/thirty-keys-to-stock-photography/ is a good primer.

I really must heed some of my own and other's advice sometime.

G'luck, Peter.

Thanks Guys... As you can see I need all the help I need ......"Cheers Peter"

I haven't took any  photos specifically for Alamy yet .. all my posting are from my ex/drives so in the new year I have some ideas for Alamy shots lets hope I get around to putting them  into practice ...

Losdemas I haven't a clue what this is .(Your images in AlamyMeasures 2.1 ) so that's something I need to look up... ;) 

Barbara  

Losdemas I haven't a clue what this is .(Your images in AlamyMeasures 2.1 ) so that's something I need to look up... ;) 

Barbara  

AlamyMeasures 2.1 is where you find your views and zooms.  It's under My Alamy.  It was updated at 11.22 UK time today.

Pearl

If you haven't already...have a look at the images alamy has on your destination, maybe try for new angles on taking pics that have been done alot, and uptodaet pics of resorts, hotels, etc. are always needed.

Have a great holiday,

cheers'

Parm

Thanks guys/girls... you are teaching me all the time...  :)  yes I have been looking at all the holiday shots on here... we are off on a Caribbean cruise so I should have plenty of opportunities of getting some half decent shots .. the only thing that's puts me off taking my camera out with us all the time.. yes the weight of them.. I also have them bloody heavy lenses... My other half has got so fed up with all my camera stuff over the years as he is the carrier of heavy bags.. :o .. I have been looking at all the smaller cameras some members have so if I am going to take this Alamy serious I need a small camera.. I like the look of the Fuji X 100 ..something to think about while I am sitting on my  balcony with a Southern Comfort and Canada dry...   :)  

Cheers and thanks once again.... 

Archived