Noise question

It has been a very long time since I was uploading, so by now my old workflow is no longer useful. I wonder if the following would pass or not because of too much noise. It is a 100% crop, image processed with DxO.

11276915355_2e57a0c8fb_o.jpg

Thanks for help!

Tough to say. I had an image with comparable noise levels fail a couple of months ago. OTOH, I've had images with higher noise levels pass QC. It probably depends a lot on whether or not the image actually gets inspected and who does the inspecting. The noise example given in Alamy's submission guidelines is very coarse (needs updating IMO). They are much pickier about noise than they used to be IME, perhaps because today's sensors are much better at handling it.

I would say that is fine but as has been said seeing some more of the picture would help. It looks like it might be a little overexposed (assuming that is from a shadow aea)  which would of course exacerbate the problem.

Thanks everyone!

(BTW. Technically, it is ISO 200 (If I remember correctly, but max 400) from a current model MFT camera, they are quite terrible regarding noise and dynamic range)

Archived