What has happened to Alamy search results

On 25/06/2022 at 10:23, PAL Media said:

Search Boris Johnson works as it should IF you use the Date Taken

ie. A Newspaper will not want to go through 13,000 images they will specify a date taken, lets take 'Last Week'

This will narrow the search down to 573 images

If we include imageplotter as contributor its shows 12 images

This has lots of bugs and needs to be fixed ASAP

Well, to be fair, most of the newspapers don't search much of anything, they get sent pics. But some of those lovely, all new, all shiny bulk clients clearly went via the "latest images" button to get to their $1.42 gross images. A one click, instant results operation, which is now being lengthened to a click down menu thing. Not sure they'll be too happy. It's the quality of the results that worries me more, though. Joe Average stock buyer may not require yesterday's images, but may well have clicked on "latest" to get something vaguely newish, thus avoiding anything visibly too obviously older. But the page that now comes up as the first search results for common search terms contains a lot of bulked together images from a small number of contributors, and often these images are old, less relevant and not great quality. It seems lazy.

13 hours ago, PAL Media said:

For Live News, of course.

I quite like the new menu layout but it has been overly complicated with the addition of the Creative Sub Menus, something like this would have been much better:

All | Creative | Editorial | Latest | News or similar without the need for sub menus

Agree with the search engine, exceptionally slow and the results are not good.

Search 'hastings' with my contributor name returns 653 images, I have over 3,500 images according to AIM, where's the rest???!!! If I can't find them who will

And probably the cause of the worst month to date since I started uploading to Alamy 5 years ago

Customers must be deserting in droves.