Permits for National Parks in the USA

Christine M Baker

Question

I have not been in the US for several years.  I am down in the USA shooting primarily for myself,  but I wondered what I have to do to put the Images up on Alamy.

I have travelled to several country's without a permit or request for one,  but It seems the US is a tangled mess to get a permit.

Any information would be helpful.

Christine Baker

7 answers to this question

what are you doing, just a handheld camera and/or tripod and not leaving an impact or disturbing other people and being respectful? or are you coming in with lights, props, special access, generally creating a nuisance and disturbing others around you and/or leaving an impact requiring park rangers to monitor you?  the former needs no permit, the latter requires a permit.

also: https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/news/commercial-film-and-photo-permits.htm

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Christine M Baker said:

No we are using Canon  6D's.  No tripods.  To the average person they just think it is a nice Camera,

love that camera, been using it for years, 385k shutter count, even dropped onto a marble floor in paris, still works, but didn't like the AF. got a r6 a few months ago and made my life so so so much easier.

22 hours ago, sooth said:

love that camera, been using it for years, 385k shutter count, even dropped onto a marble floor in paris, still works, but didn't like the AF. got a r6 a few months ago and made my life so so so much easier.

Great Camera.  My assistant dropped a camera on some rocks.  It has to go in when I get home.  However it still works !

Since we are talking how do you feel about the change  in Alamy ?   I have been talking to others and I am getting mixed messages.

On 24/05/2022 at 21:10, Christine M Baker said:

Since we are talking how do you feel about the change  in Alamy ?   I have been talking to others and I am getting mixed messages.

Mixed messages? Really?

From where I'm sitting, it's all bad for the contributor, exccept that it seems the Infringements Team is being a bit more proactive than previously.

Edited by Cryptoprocta