Rejection of 360 degree pix

Brian Salter

Question

I am trying to upload 360 degree photographs but keep getting rejections: "360 image upload fail. Projection type must be Equirectangular".

My photos are all equirectangular - eg 15004x7502 or 15012x7506 etc. No other image library is rejecting my pictures.  What does Alamy know that noone else appears to?

I am frustrated and going crazy by this. 

Can anyone help?

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Brian Salter said:

I am trying to upload 360 degree photographs but keep getting rejections: "360 image upload fail. Projection type must be Equirectangular".

My photos are all equirectangular - eg 15004x7502 or 15012x7506 etc. No other image library is rejecting my pictures.  What does Alamy know that noone else appears to?

I am frustrated and going crazy by this. 

Can anyone help?

Contact contributors@alamy.com. They should be able to help.

• Thanks 1

I don't know much about 360 images but it seems they are claiming about the 'projection' not the 'proportions i.e. Equirectangular projection

Yes your proportions are rectangular but maybe in projecting the image from a sphere to a flat image another projection method was used.

Just a hunch but does the projection get written into the metadata? Even if you are using an Equirectangular projection to flatten the image maybe this has not been written out. That would seem the only way that Alamy would know that a specific projection was or was not used.

On 24/02/2022 at 22:12, Sultanpepa said:

Contact contributors@alamy.com. They should be able to help.

I've just started uploading my 360s had the same problem - I had to inject the 360 meta back into the panoramas. Probably because I had cubed then reassmbled some shots to facilitate the fixing of stitching errors or the tripod parts left in the nadir. I used exif fixer which is free. That said, it still didn't like my larger files; I have sorted that problem out (I hope) by uploading via FTP - but I am waiting for the first tranche to be approved - they are perfect! So I hope there are no problems.

I've just started uploading my 360s had the same problem - I had to inject the 360 meta back into the panoramas. Probably because I had cubed then reassmbled some shots to facilitate the fixing of stitching errors or the tripod parts left in the nadir. I used exif fixer which is free. That said, it still didn't like my larger files; I have sorted that problem out (I hope) by uploading via FTP - but I am waiting for the first tranche to be approved - they are perfect! So I hope there are no problems.