Advice on tags please

zxzoomy

Question

3 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, zxzoomy said:

Do we need to add tags that are already in the caption? A live news caption can include many words. Is it a waste of time to include many of them as tags as well?

YES - include the most important ones as Supertags, and those of lesser importance as Tags. But don't add irrelevant tags just to make "Discoverability" go Green, that's a waste of time and risks hurting your CTR%

Mark

• Love 1

3 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

Do we need to add tags that are already in the caption? A live news caption can include many words. Is it a waste of time to include many of them as tags as well?

Tag increases the image ranking, so yes.  That said since i often have 2-4 images of same subject in Live News submission, i will generally only supertag One or two of them to try and push it up, or tag alternative use of the image. 

on the other side of the coin, i used to also remove general text from LN caption once it got into stock, to reduce potential false positive, but have loss a bit of steam on doing that recently. 

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1