How to change my user name

Lili

Question

Hi I am quite new here. I was wondering how I can change my user name? The reason why is that I have given my real name on Alamy and a friend had searched my name on safari and all my Alamy pictures had come up! how can I sort this out.... any feed back is mostly appreciated

6 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, Lili said:

Hi I am quite new here. I was wondering how I can change my user name? The reason why is that I have given my real name on Alamy and a friend had searched my name on safari and all my Alamy pictures had come up! how can I sort this out.... any feed back is mostly appreciated

one easy way would be for you to:

-Go to your Alamy Image Manager

-Top Right corner select "Pseudonym"

-Create a new "Pseudonym" you can create what you want

-Select all your images (easy with only 34)

-in Mandatory tab, change them to the new "pseudonym". and press "Save"  This is what will be visible in searches from now on (it will take 24 hours to be processed)

-Also, where you created that "Pseudonym" set the new one as "Default" so all new images uploaded will have that instead of your name.

i'm sure there are other ways, but this one worked easily for me when i started. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lili said:

I'm just curious why it is bad to have your name linked to your photographs?

• Love 1

On 16/02/2022 at 13:04, meanderingemu said:

one easy way would be for you to:

-Go to your Alamy Image Manager

-Top Right corner select "Pseudonym"

-Create a new "Pseudonym" you can create what you want

-Select all your images (easy with only 34)

-in Mandatory tab, change them to the new "pseudonym". and press "Save"  This is what will be visible in searches from now on (it will take 24 hours to be processed)

-Also, where you created that "Pseudonym" set the new one as "Default" so all new images uploaded will have that instead of your name.

i'm sure there are other ways, but this one worked easily for me when i started. 

Thank you so much! sorry for my late reply also ...

On 16/02/2022 at 13:37, Michael Ventura said:

I'm just curious why it is bad to have your name linked to your photographs?

Hi Michael, that is a very good question actually, but I can not give you a clear answer. I just dont know. To me this is a place that I do not share with all families and friends. I hope that make sense.

7 hours ago, Lili said:

Hi Michael, that is a very good question actually, but I can not give you a clear answer. I just dont know. To me this is a place that I do not share with all families and friends. I hope that make sense.

It makes sense to me. Sometimes people you know might be photographed by you & the photo uploaded to Alamy. It’s possible not everyone would be happy with that since most people are very critical whether the image is the most flattering of them. I'm sure there are other reasons like where’s my share?

I don’t worry about it.