Please critique the portfolio

Dzianis

Hello, dear forum participants!

First of all, I want to say thank you for your participation in the discussions. I have watched many posts on the forum and thanks to them I began to understand a little bit the principle of Alamy's work. Maybe not completely ))

Please look at my portfolios - and tell me if my photos may be interesting for buyers on Alamy? What mistakes should I fix to improve my portfolio? I am not a photographer. I just take my camera with me sometimes on walks))

Thank you all in advance!

P.S. I was registered on Alamy back in 2011... but didn't submit my photos. The 40 photos that were on the site were even bought a few times for small amounts. This year I looked through my archives and added some photos.

I apologize for my English. It is not my first language.

• 2 weeks later...

As I've said in other portfolio critiques, I have no idea what will or won't sell on Alamy - just keep shooting - you have good editing skills and that's something a lot of photographers don't have.

• Thanks 1

Welcome, Dzianis

I like your images and your choice of subjects. And we get a chance to see Minsk and Eastern Europe. You can look at anyone's portfolio by simply clicking on the number next to the word images. 

Alamy stock is a slow game and you will have to continue to produce and submit photos to get regular sales.

Your English is fine -- very impressive. Good luck!

Edo

• Thanks 1

On 26/01/2022 at 04:23, Dzianis said:

Hello, dear forum participants!

First of all, I want to say thank you for your participation in the discussions. I have watched many posts on the forum and thanks to them I began to understand a little bit the principle of Alamy's work. Maybe not completely ))

Please look at my portfolios - and tell me if my photos may be interesting for buyers on Alamy? What mistakes should I fix to improve my portfolio? I am not a photographer. I just take my camera with me sometimes on walks))

Thank you all in advance!

P.S. I was registered on Alamy back in 2011... but didn't submit my photos. The 40 photos that were on the site were even bought a few times for small amounts. This year I looked through my archives and added some photos.

I apologize for my English. It is not my first language.

I like your pictures also. You have a few images of skiers. I would suggest that you add “cross-country”, cross-country skiing, “people skiing cross-country” “cross-country skiers”, to differentiate this kind of skiing from downhill skiing. A buyer looking for cross country skiers would not find your images, and that would be a shame.

• Thanks 1

Thank You so much for taking the time to look through my portfolio and write responses.
As You pointed out - keep shooting and submit photos )).

@Betty LaRue Thank you for pointing out the correct tagging. I will definitely do that.

And Good luck to All of you! 

• Love 1