How can fill the model release form?

Nasirkhan Davi

Question

Hi, All,

How can fill the model release form? i have questions regarding model form in line ("For good and valuable Consideration of (insert monetary value) ................................................................, here in acknowledged as") what we can fill in blank line? can any buddy to suggest us. we are appreciate who can suggest us.

6 answers to this question

It comes from the idea that models are paid to be photographed. That there is a deal between the model and photographer.

The only Model Releases I have ever used are for my family and I have just left this section blank. 

It is a formality. You could write in $1 if you like. Or why not 7 cents just to match the commission fee you are likely to get? 😃

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, geogphotos said:

It comes from the idea that models are paid to be photographed. That there is a deal between the model and photographer.

The only Model Releases I have ever used are for my family and I have just left this section blank. 

It is a formality. You could write in $1 if you like. Or why not 7 cents just to match the commission fee you are likely to get? 😃

I am very Thankful You to such a proper answer to my question i will appreciate your efforts and kindness once again thanking you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wilkopix said:

If you look online there are downloadable model release forms that don't have that section anymore... or just leave it blank or put in 'TFP' (time for prints) assuming you have given copies of the image to the model for their portfolio etc.

I am very grateful to you for answering my question in such a reasonable and real world manner, I appreciate your efforts and kindness once again.

This question has been nagging at the back of my mind since it was posted as I've come across this question before. I'm not a lawyer and can this is in no way to be construed as legal advice, but my understanding is that in order for a model release to have legal force as a contract, a consideration of some kind needs to have been paid, even if it's nominal. This article by the Royal Photographic Society makes reference to this.

I guess many model releases have been signed where no 'consideration' has been exchanged and I know of no case where this has ever been an issue, but it is simply one of those things we ought to be aware of - the wording is not there just to make the document look a little but more impressive, it has a role in its legality. 

It now makes me wonder if, having signed many model releases for images featurinb myself, should I have given myself a £1 coin to keep things straight?

• Love 1
  • Like 1