CREATING A LINK TO A SELCTION OF IMAGES

ALAN MORGAN PHOTO

Question

5 answers to this question

The quickest way is to create a lightbox.

If you click on the number next to your post, in your case 719, you'll go to pages with just your images (there are other ways of course). On top there's a button + Lightboxes.

In the fly-out on the left click on Create a lightbox.

On the page that opens, click again op +Create.

In the pop-up box Create Lightbox, name your lightbox.

If you want to add a Project name, like a book or an article or a shoot, click on the pencil to edit. The same for Client or the Title of the lightbox.

This is now your current and active lightbox.

It will be listed in that fly-out. (On top of the others if you have more than one.)

Now if you go back to that page with all your images, hover over a thumbnail and click on the + plus sign to add that image to your active lightbox.

Note that it's also possible to add other people's images to your own lightbox. We have yet to discover the limit of how many images a lightbox can contain, so no worries there.

If you click on your active lightbox in the fly-out, you can alter the order by dragging the box containing the image to it's desired place. You can add a comment to each image  as well. You can select one or more images and delete them. Or buy them. Because at agencies lightboxes are usually meant for buyers.

Oh and there's a button for sharing in the upper left hand corner. If you need a link and don't want to use the share facility, just email it to yourself, and it will send you the link.

Maybe it's possible to share a selection of your portfolio from your portfolio page, but I have yet to find it.

wim

• Like 4

How many of you lovely peeps use 'lightboxes' on a regular basis to enhance sales? Is it worth the effort if you don't have a particular client in mind? It would have to yield substantially better sales to make it worthwhile IMHO, especially if we are only getting $$ for our sales and at only 40%. Opinions please. 🙂

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

wim, you are so nice…and I’m not forgetting knowledgeable. I would like to have you as my neighbor. The house next to me will be for sale come spring. ☺️

Blush!

Thank you!

Surprisingly, when I took this NYT test (best place to live in the US) 2 weeks ago, Wichita came up quite high. Despite me giving warm winters high priority. Since then I found out that actually your winters are not that much different from ours. So if climate change should strike a bit early over here, I may take you up on your offer! 😂

McDonald Kansas. Mill, grain elevator and train. - Stock Image

I have never visited Wichita at all. Or even most of Kansas for that matter. It's still on the list though. You even have a fine Frank Lloyd Wright after all. And then there's pork belly burnt ends. Drool.

Ok back to the lightboxes. I have used them extensively in the past to record yearly zooms and sales; all my covers, that sort of stuff. Before the monthly pictures sold and pictures found threads on this forum I maintained monthly lightboxes of those on Ye Olde Forum. In all I currently have 102.

wim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Blush!

Thank you!

Surprisingly, when I took this NYT test (best place to live in the US) 2 weeks ago, Wichita came up quite high. Despite me giving warm winters high priority. Since then I found out that actually your winters are not that much different from ours. So if climate change should strike a bit early over here, I may take you up on your offer! 😂

McDonald Kansas. Mill, grain elevator and train. - Stock Image

I have never visited Wichita at all. Or even most of Kansas for that matter. It's still on the list though. You even have a fine Frank Lloyd Wright after all. And then there's pork belly burnt ends. Drool.

Ok back to the lightboxes. I have used them extensively in the past to record yearly zooms and sales; all my covers, that sort of stuff. Before the monthly pictures sold and pictures found threads on this forum I maintained monthly lightboxes of those on Ye Olde Forum. In all I currently have 102.

wim

Well, of course you would have done your investigation of Wichita! 😁 I’ve only been here in Kansas coming up on 4 years. Oklahoma, next state to the south and one hour away, is where I came from. Sooner born and bred.

• Love 1