Ways of viewing our own images

This maybe something everyone was already aware of, so my apologies if it's wasting your time!  However I have only recently realised it, and it can be quite helpful.

There seem to be two main ways of seeing our own images on Alamy. The first is to go into your dashboard, click on the magnifying glass in the search box, making sure the box is empty, and then on the next page, click on Advanced search and type your pseudonym into the contributor name box. This brings up all the images on sale under that pseudonym, with the most RECENTLY UPLOADED images appearing at the top of the screen.

The second is to click on the number of your images in a forum post you have made (under your avatar) , and again all your images come up. The difference is that doing it this way brings up your images on sale with the most RECENTLY KEYWORDED images on top; ie differently to the previous way. 

This is actually very helpful as, if like me, you tend to keyword images from older shoots after a period of time having uploaded them to Alamy a while ago, it is easy to forget you have done them when it comes to checking them once they are on sale. 

It is probably more useful for me as I have virtually all my images under one pseudonym.

Is this news to anyone?

Kumar

• Like 2

Thanks for posting Doc - yes those routes have been available but certainly a good tip for anyone not aware of them.

Just to digress under your post "title" - I have noticed in the last few weeks that Bing image search has started flagging up more images viewed than the Google version which surprised me because the latter was in my opinion much better.

It's not all good news because Bing will throw up a lot of images not necessarily connected with your search parameters but it did reveal quite a few of my images images being looked at elsewhere.

Old problem of course is seeing those translate into sales - time will tell.

Simply play around - "Contributor name/Alamy" and "Contributor name/Alamy Stock Photo" seem best starting points.

This month has been brutal on Alamy; a bit of encouragement is always welcome. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

There seem to be two main ways of seeing our own images on Alamy. The first is to go into your dashboard, click on the magnifying glass in the search box, making sure the box is empty, and then on the next page, click on Advanced search and type your pseudonym into the contributor name box. This brings up all the images on sale under that pseudonym, with the most RECENTLY UPLOADED images appearing at the top of the screen.

The second is to click on the number of your images in a forum post you have made (under your avatar) , and again all your images come up. The difference is that doing it this way brings up your images on sale with the most RECENTLY KEYWORDED images on top; ie differently to the previous way. 

Thanks Doc,

In my case the second way is more accurate as there's another contributor with the same name as me and both portfolios show up if I use Advanced search! 😐

• Love 1