Hi All,

just a quick question. I have had around 4 sales appear within the last couple of months and they all appear to have been sold to newspapers or magazines but I have never come across them.

Being new to the business I rely a lot on my cuttings and my portfolio to get my work and that is impossible if I don't know were it is going.

I wonder if anyone has come across them? 

D8E0M7.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 October 2013
End: 02 October 2013

D8E0M4.jpg

Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 01 September 2013
End: 02 September 2013

D38X5Y.jpg

DBB376.jpg

Media: Magazine - Print only
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 01 December 2013
End: 01 December 2014

An ongoing challenge for all contributors, I'm afraid.

• Keep your eye on the monthly 'Have you found...' threads on this forum
  • Do a search on the forum for your images by reference number
  • Use the Tineye and Google search facilities to see if you are able to trace any online usage and
  • Good luck!

I did a quick Tineye/Google image search for you on these images and came up with zilch (hardly surprising for the last two images - 'Print only', but I always check anyhow), but it is surprising for Google not to return any results for the first two.

EDIT: Oh, and do a Google search for 'your name~pseudo / Alamy' in regular web results and images.

Search http://www.pressdisplay.com/ for the name of the bands. The print runs are high and cancel out most papers, so it's not that difficult. The magazine is weird because it's an annual. Because you have 2 subjects it could be easier. There have been posts here and on the old forum about places where magazines are being published online and where you can search for content: Zinio; Yudu; Issuu; Scribd (is that only books now?). There are more, like the one that has all the in-flight magazines. Ah here it is: Ink .

wim

edit: Scribd = http://www.scribd.com/

Bryan already reported finding these:

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Mail Online July 27th

DBB37G Sunderland, UK. 27th July 2013. RAF Red Arrows perform at the 25th International Sunderland Airshow. Sunderland, UK. © Jordan Crosby/Alamy Live News

DBB1KF Sunderland, UK. 27th July 2013. Crowds gather in the last of the UK heatwave at the 25th International Sunderland Airshow. Sunderland, © Jordan Crosby/Alamy Live News

You should go to The Guardian, Telegraph.co.uk, DailyMail.co.uk, Metro.co.uk, etc. and search for the band names.

Mail Online July 27th

DBB37G Sunderland, UK. 27th July 2013. RAF Red Arrows perform at the 25th International Sunderland Airshow. Sunderland, UK. © Jordan Crosby/Alamy Live News

He's asking about a different,recent, print use, I think.

Mail Online July 27th

DBB1KF Sunderland, UK. 27th July 2013. Crowds gather in the last of the UK heatwave at the 25th International Sunderland Airshow. Sunderland, © Jordan Crosby/Alamy Live News

You should go to The Guardian, Telegraph.co.uk, DailyMail.co.uk, Metro.co.uk, etc. and search for the band names.

Yeah sorry, I did come across them images on the Mail Online but they have still not appeared in my sales report.

Archived