Hi! Newbie from Indonesia here!

Heru Handoko

Hello my name is Heru from DKI Jakarta - Indonesia.

Just registered to Alamy yesterday, so... fresh from the oven!

I'm a photographer since 2010 using canon, sony and dji gears. Loves to travel locally by motorcycle and taking landscape, architectural photos.

Looking forward for tips n tricks to Alamy.

Have a blessed day for all of you.

• Love 1

Hi, so much stuff for you to shoot in Indonesia ... a lifetime of stuff in fact ! I had my highest selling sale last year price wise, taken in Java !

A tip for you ... two of your four photos are black and white ... they look good but submit in colour instead ... a client can always convert them to black and white should they wish to ...

On 29/08/2021 at 22:35, Martyn said:

Hi, so much stuff for you to shoot in Indonesia ... a lifetime of stuff in fact ! I had my highest selling sale last year price wise, taken in Java !

A tip for you ... two of your four photos are black and white ... they look good but submit in colour instead ... a client can always convert them to black and white should they wish to ...

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for your encouraging words, appreciate it! Also thanks for your tip on submitting colour photos instead of BW.

Just curious, can you tell me which photos you took in Java? (Btw, i notice some photos of a marriage with Javanese woman)

Hi Heru ... I have taken many photos in Java and Bali ... mainly lifestyle, everyday people doing everyday things ! Yes, there are some images of my first javanese wife and many of my second Javanese wife !! There are so many photo opportunities in Indonesia ... and many different lifestyles ... there is a big difference between rich and poor people, village people and city people ... so many different ways people work to live and how they enjoy their leisure time ... get shooting !

Hi Heru, Selamat datang! I absolutely loved travelling in Indonesia way back in the 1980s. There were so many vivid colours, landscapes, foods, locations and people to photograph. The only problem was that my SLR battery ran out of battery juice on the top of Mount Bromo at 5am in the morning. I could have kicked myself for not having a spare. Good luck on Alamy!

Hi Jansos, terima kasih!🙂

wow, you got on top of mount Bromo and out of juice? well, that means you have to come back here and pack yourself LOTS of extra battery 😁

actually i'm planning to go there myself, but still waiting for the right time. it's 855km (532mi) by motorcycle, plans the spot to shot along the way.. it'll take a full 7days i guess.

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/09/2021 at 17:48, Heru Handoko said:

Hi Jansos, terima kasih!🙂

wow, you got on top of mount Bromo and out of juice? well, that means you have to come back here and pack yourself LOTS of extra battery 😁

actually i'm planning to go there myself, but still waiting for the right time. it's 855km (532mi) by motorcycle, plans the spot to shot along the way.. it'll take a full 7days i guess.

Can you imagine being stupid enough to get to thr top of Mount Bromo, at the crack of day, and not having a spare battery? I was gutted. In my defence, it was an old SLR and not my camera! Jalan, jalan! 🙂

On 29/09/2021 at 21:14, Jansos said:

Can you imagine being stupid enough to get to thr top of Mount Bromo, at the crack of day, and not having a spare battery? I was gutted. In my defence, it was an old SLR and not my camera! Jalan, jalan! 🙂

These things happen. Hold battery tight in hand to warm it up and get 4 shots out of it. Imagine it's Kodachrome 12 ASA so every shot has to be great.

• Love 1