Strange

Cryptoprocta

Question

Apologies if this has been answered already, I did look here and in the contributor experience forum, but I may have missed it.

I was  logged out, and when I tried to log back in, I kept getting wrong password, even though I was copying and pasting it from a Notepad file.

Then when I clicked on the 'forgotten your password' link, I got taken to the main Alamy homepage.

I suddenly thought, what would happen if I put my main Alamy pw to get into the forum ... and it worked. Now the same password gets me into both the forum and the main site.

Is that new this week butt I've somehow missed hearing about it?

Edited by Cryptoprocta

3 answers to this question

The login passwords for the forum and for one's Alamy account have been the same now for some years. I didn't think it was possible to have different passwords in fact. I can't remember when they made the change but it is certainly not recent. I assumed it was the same for everyone.  Maybe they are sorting out stray issues (as with the post about phishing). 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MDM said:

The login passwords for the forum and for one's Alamy account have been the same now for some years. I didn't think it was possible to have different passwords in fact. I can't remember when they made the change but it is certainly not recent. I assumed it was the same for everyone.  Maybe they are sorting out stray issues (as with the post about phishing). 

Oh, OK, thanks. I had to log into both about six weeks ago after a major computer upgrade and I was sure I used different passwords at that point. Oddly, I got logged out of the forum again after closing the tab after writing the above!

14 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Oh, OK, thanks. I had to log into both about six weeks ago after a major computer upgrade and I was sure I used different passwords at that point. Oddly, I got logged out of the forum again after closing the tab after writing the above!

After finishing on the computer and shutting down I always have to log back in to the forums. Alamy dashboard usually straight in but now and again I also have to log into that.

Allan

• Like 1