Which CTR is more important?

Hi, guys!

I'm just wondering which CTR is more important ...

-The last 30 days period one on the Pseudonym Summary page?

-The current one for the rolling month ( from the 1st of May till today, for example)?

-The overall 1 year's one on the contributors dashboard?

Any thoughts?

The CTR is a measure that was used in the "ranking" of images appearing in a search. A periodic re-ranking of images happened every few months based on your CTR. In order to see where you stood in the ranking you added the keyword "BHZ" to ONLY ONE photo, then did a search on BHZ to see where you came up. (too many photographers added BHZ to multiple photos, screwing up this clever peek at finding your position). However, Alamy in it's infinite wisdom hasn't re-ranked the catalogue for years, making all of this moot. You can pretty much ignore your CTR and Alamy rank.

Edited by formerly snappyoncalifornia

4 minutes ago, formerly snappyoncalifornia said:

The CTR is a measure that was used in the "ranking" of images appearing in a search. A periodic re-ranking of images happened every few months based on your CTR. In order to see where you stood in the ranking you added the keyword "BHZ" to ONLY ONE photo, then did a search on BHZ to see where you came up. (too many photographers added BHZ to multiple photos, screwing up this clever peek at finding your position. However, Alamy in it's infinite wisdom hasn't re-ranked the catalogue for years, making all of this moot. You can pretty much ignore your CTR and Alamy rank.

Yes, there's no change to my BHZ image position in the last years, but I still think that CTR is somehow important. Which one, though? 😉

2 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Hi, guys!

I'm just wondering which CTR is more important ...

-The last 30 days period one on the Pseudonym Summary page?

-The current one for the rolling month ( from the 1st of May till today, for example)?

-The overall 1 year's one on the contributors dashboard?

Any thoughts?

i have seen no evidence that the pseudonym level one had an impact.   so if they do matter it would likely be at the aggregate level

• Like 1

I believe zooms are recorded by the system and an image that has previously been zoomed may be elevated in the search results, if the same search terms are used again. So getting zooms may be beneficial to individual image placement. As stated earlier contributor re-ranks (that may have included a contribution from CTR%) don't appear to be happening any more. I think they stopped when the new AIM and database structure was introduced.

I don't worry about CTR% on a day to day basis, but I keep an eye on the long term trend in the graph. It does tend to bounce around quite a lot (even with 5,000 images). A good CTR% indicates that images are of extra interest to the customer and the keywording isn't too "spammy"

Mark

• Like 2

2 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

I believe zooms are recorded by the system and an image that has previously been zoomed may be elevated in the search results, if the same search terms are used again. So getting zooms may be beneficial to individual image placement. As stated earlier contributor re-ranks (that may have included a contribution from CTR%) don't appear to be happening any more. I think they stopped when the new AIM and database structure was introduced.

I don't worry about CTR% on a day to day basis, but I keep an eye on the long term trend in the graph. It does tend to bounce around quite a lot (even with 5,000 images). A good CTR% indicates that images are of extra interest to the customer and the keywording isn't too "spammy"

Mark

Thanks, Mark!