live news ftp

Glenn50

Question

Hi, trying to upload images from my mobile through Sony Imaging Edge software,these are jpegs from a Sony A9 camera.The software lets you setup an ftp template to send images,i have put in Alamy's login details but it says can't login to server.any help welcome.

11 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, NYCat said:

You cannot cell mobile images on Alamy. Check out Stockimo.

Paulette

does the restriction apply to Live News? (as per title)

regardless OP is only using phone to send.  

Edited by meanderingemu

I think Glen is trying to file images from his Sony full frame mirrorless camera via the mobile phone and ftp set up on it.

It's a route lots of wire agency togs utilise to quickly ftp unedited images to their agencies (who will then edit/caption properly before they go to the client). For stock (and anything other than breaking news), the images should obviously not be filed straight out of camera, but should be cropped, corrected, edited and captioned/titled first. So assuming that was done on laptop or PC, it looks like a tech issue with the ftp. I've had issues plenty of times with filezilla over the years, and have also had it the very few times when I tried to file live news edited and captioned in camera straight via mobile phone and ftp, filezilla couldn't reach the alamy server, nor the Rex server. But 99% of the time my images are edited via laptop/pc and then ftp works fine from there, providing the location wifi is good enough. If the images themselves conform with all requirements for stock/live news (and if it was live news, your account is enabled for filing news!) then I'd suggest contacting Alamy to see if the tech team can give you info on how to connect with your specific ftp, some work better than others. Sorry not to be more helpful!

• Love 2

4 hours ago, imageplotter said:

I think Glen is trying to file images from his Sony full frame mirrorless camera via the mobile phone and ftp set up on it.

It's a route lots of wire agency togs utilise to quickly ftp unedited images to their agencies (who will then edit/caption properly before they go to the client). For stock (and anything other than breaking news), the images should obviously not be filed straight out of camera, but should be cropped, corrected, edited and captioned/titled first. So assuming that was done on laptop or PC, it looks like a tech issue with the ftp. I've had issues plenty of times with filezilla over the years, and have also had it the very few times when I tried to file live news edited and captioned in camera straight via mobile phone and ftp, filezilla couldn't reach the alamy server, nor the Rex server. But 99% of the time my images are edited via laptop/pc and then ftp works fine from there, providing the location wifi is good enough. If the images themselves conform with all requirements for stock/live news (and if it was live news, your account is enabled for filing news!) then I'd suggest contacting Alamy to see if the tech team can give you info on how to connect with your specific ftp, some work better than others. Sorry not to be more helpful!

Thanks for getting back to me,i have got in touch with Alamy and they are looking in to it,i can send to other ftp servers with no problems,

With Sony's Imaging Edge i can put in IPTC info,caption,crop & resize images before sending,i hope they come up with a fix.

6 hours ago, Glenn50 said:

Hi, trying to upload images from my mobile through Sony Imaging Edge software,these are jpegs from a Sony A9 camera.The software lets you setup an ftp template to send images,i have put in Alamy's login details but it says can't login to server.any help welcome.

Hi Glenn, don't do too much LiveNews these days, however I manage this without much of a problem.
My system is - transfer files onto my Android phone, edit in Photoshop Express, caption in an old version of MoPhotos, then upload using AndFtp.
Are you using the correct ftp settings - they're here?  https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/how-do-i-send-you-my-stock-images/

If this isn't working, contact contributor services.

Tony

1 hour ago, TeeCee said:

Hi Glenn, don't do too much LiveNews these days, however I manage this without much of a problem.
My system is - transfer files onto my Android phone, edit in Photoshop Express, caption in an old version of MoPhotos, then upload using AndFtp.
Are you using the correct ftp settings - they're here?  https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/how-do-i-send-you-my-stock-images/

If this isn't working, contact contributor services.

Tony