In the wrong direction again

10 minutes ago, Bill Kuta said:

And today, a "Manual Credit" for each of the two cleared-and-paid-out-then-refunded-and-resold sales, amounting to my original commission. This has the effect of increasing my cleared balance by the amount of the manual credits (in Account Balance; doesn't show yet in the cleared balance on the Dashboard). The accounting has been interesting.

If you're just tuning in to this thread, please start at the beginning to see what kinds of refunds we're talking about.

Got the same credits today too.

OK accounting fans here is the way I see it.

Sale made in 2020 for $40, I receive $20. That sale cancelled, I receive nothing. That sale billed again for $40 and therefore I receive $20. Today I receive an extra credit of $20 against the image. So It looks like I am receiving $40 for each sale. This would be 100% commission on the sale of $40 to the client

I had 4 sales, all following the same accounting path.

I had two $40 sales in 2020 (May and July, 50% commission). They cleared and I was paid commission.

On April 8, 2021, those two sales were refunded, and the commissions recovered by Alamy.  My cleared balance went negative, and resales for the same amount were posted on April 9.

It took two-three weeks or so for the resales to clear, and the clearings were backdated to April 9.

At this point, my net was restored to what it was before the refunds.

So I don't know what today's manual credits are for--it appears to be extra money, I won't be surprised if it's reversed soon.

What I don't like about these refunds of paid-out sales is the temporary affect on my cleared balance. If the refunds-and-resales are just to restate terms and no money is changing hands between Alamy and the buyer, then no money should be changing hands between me and Alamy--the resale should clear when the resale is posted. But this is my speculation.

• 1 month later...
On 07/05/2021 at 19:36, Bill Kuta said:

I had two $40 sales in 2020 (May and July, 50% commission). They cleared and I was paid commission.

On April 8, 2021, those two sales were refunded, and the commissions recovered by Alamy.  My cleared balance went negative, and resales for the same amount were posted on April 9.

It took two-three weeks or so for the resales to clear, and the clearings were backdated to April 9.

At this point, my net was restored to what it was before the refunds.

So I don't know what today's manual credits are for--it appears to be extra money, I won't be surprised if it's reversed soon.

What I don't like about these refunds of paid-out sales is the temporary affect on my cleared balance. If the refunds-and-resales are just to restate terms and no money is changing hands between Alamy and the buyer, then no money should be changing hands between me and Alamy--the resale should clear when the resale is posted. But this is my speculation.

And today's look-ahead shows two "Other Fees" of $20 each. (See my bolding in the expanded text above.)

Edited by Bill Kuta

Yep, negative cleared balance here too.

I see that the accounting detail for the "Other Fees" is "Rev/Manual Credit" followed by the image reference number, so it is specifically a reversal of the Manual Credits in early May.

So did that boost my June 1 payout by the two $20 Manual Credits in early May? I would presume a Manual Credit is a cleared amount.

Edited by Bill Kuta
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I have just noticed that they have refunded for a sale of $156 back in March. it had cleared so why is it being refunded 3 months later. luckily I have not gone into negative territory. For those that have gone into negative balances, does it mean they would have to pay Alamy to leave, if they decided the change in the contract was not for them?