Tracking sales by Alamy (apart from the personal dashboard)

IACOB MADACI

Question

Hello,

I found this forum while looking randomly for some of my pictures on the internet. The forum shows that one of my pics identified by its ID code was sold in September 2020 with my name and the website where it was published. Yet, my personal dashboard did not track that sale more than 6 months later.

So it seems that some people manage to track all sales by Alamy every month, and I'm just wondering how you make it.

Can somebody explain please ? And help me find my own sales and the websites where I was published ?

Many thanks.

Iacob

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

If only Alamy would just confirm whether or not NS licences cover syndication I could stop pontificating that it doesn't and we'd sleep easier, if poorer.

I've have asked Alamy CS about the ones linked to and asked the general question about reuse of Guardian articles. 

The one above I got $4.60 gross for 🤨 so if the Guardian are selling it on I would like : 

a) to know

b) a share

Edited by geogphotos

I asked Alamy about syndication and got this reply

Regarding syndication, most newspaper licenses include syndication rights meaning the article can be displayed by other sources as long as it’s an exact copy or it links back to the original source.

The problem is how do we know that the website with the exact copy is legal?

I suppose we need to ask Alamy each time to check with the newspaper - seems a painful process. 

This really does expose how ludicrous the fees are for UK newspaper use - how undervalued our images are.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1