Doubts about location

Jose Decio Molaro

Question

good morning, i would like to take a doubt my friends, because in the photo search page there are tabs where People, Location,
image, Viewpoint, Date taken, Advanced search
My doubt is because in Location appears only USA, UK, Europe and Australia and South America does not appear, as I am in Brazil I would like to know.
thanks

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Looks like it is showing as Brazil! Welcome!  I love when people put their location in, it is fun to see where the forum community members are from.

I also find it interesting to know where the photographers are from, I live in a country very different from most, this is interesting to see other cultures, but as I wrote in the search tabs there is no South America, Africa among others ... Why does this happen?

Hello Jose,

I think I have found out what is happening. You have found a filter to speed up the search. If a buyer is looking for a particular location they can apply one of these filters to speed up a search of the 241,850,861 images.  On past experience the number of images will get bigger.

It is explained here:-

https://www.alamy.com/blog/use-search-filters-alamy

I put Sao Paulo into the search without any of the boxes ticked and it found 423,308 images.  Less when one of the boxes is ticked.

Hope this helps. Stay safe.

🦔

• Thanks 1

Jose, I wouldn't worry about it. Those 'filters' - UK, USA, Europe & Australia - only bring up images if one of those terms (or possibly two in the case of UK & Europe) has been entered precisely into the 'Location' field in the 'Optional' part of image manager so it's an unreliable way of searching. In reality anyone using those filters simply misses out on seeing huge swathes of relevant images. Entering into the caption & keywords is much more effective. Clearly, as with 'South America', they also miss out vast areas of the globe.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1