Jump to content
  • 0

Hello friends Nikon d750 or Nikon Z6?


Question

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 12/02/2021 at 08:21, Vitor from Portugal said:

Someone have the two models and can help me to figure out what will be the best option and why. Thanks! 

 

Vítor 

I used to own and run a camera shop and would give customers the same answer every time. What suits you?  It's not what gets the best reviews or the one that Bob down the road uses, or Mary in the next street. It is what you need and what does the job you require. 
Cameras and equipment are tools, they are not a fashion accessory (unless you are Chinese, they love brand names here), remember you take the photo and the tool just records it.
I suggest you go in to a shop and try them both, play with the controls and get a feel for what is right. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

 

 

18 hours ago, Dave Colman said:

I used to own and run a camera shop and would give customers the same answer every time. What suits you?  It's not what gets the best reviews or the one that Bob down the road uses, or Mary in the next street. It is what you need and what does the job you require. 
Cameras and equipment are tools, they are not a fashion accessory (unless you are Chinese, they love brand names here), remember you take the photo and the tool just records it.
I suggest you go in to a shop and try them both, play with the controls and get a feel for what is right. 

 

I think Portugal is under heavy lockdown due to Covid-19 so I expect the camera shops are closed. If Vitor would like to expand on what his intended usages are as well as other things (is weight important, future proofing, does he already own Nikon gear etc) I am happy to input. 

 

 

 

Edited by MDM
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, MDM said:

 

 

 

I think Portugal is under heavy lockdown due to Covid-19 so I expect the camera shops are closed. If Vitor would like to expand on what his intended usages are as well as other things (is weight important, future proofing, does he already own Nikon gear etc) I am happy to input. 

 

 

 

I have 3 Nikon lens, i believe there is a device (adaptor) to use them on the z6, i have read a lot of reviews, but i would like to have the opinion of someone who have the 2. Trying them on a store will not give me the best help, photographers have the best opinions of the real pros and cons. Thanks guys. Cheers 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Vitor

 

What camera and lenses are you currently using and are the lenses for FX or DZ format. How much are you willing to spend?

 

The sensors on the two cameras are both excellent but the D750 is a lot cheaper right now in England anyway. I would advise anybody buying a Z6 to get the adaptor with the camera as well as the 24-70F4 lens that all come as part of a kit as it is much cheaper to do that rather than buy a Z6 body and the other bits afterwards. If you really want to take advantage of the Z system, you need to get at least one lens designed for the system and that 24-70F4 is excellent. There is another recent thread about the Z system as well which you might find interesting.

 

Anyway give us some more info please.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi Vitor

 

I have a recently bought Z6 to go with my D800 - which I have not used for a while. Instead of the 24-70mm lens I bought the new 24-200mm lens which is really good. I am very pleased with this combination as it gives me more "reach" with the top end of the zoom. I did buy the adapter as well so I can use my other lenses which range from a 20mm up to a 150-600mm. Overall I am very pleased with my new setup, hardly any "grain" when shooting at higher ISO, in fact my default is now 200 rather than 100 when shooting with the D800. Video quality is excellent not that I shoot a lot of video, but having that additional tool is useful.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 17/02/2021 at 10:07, David McGill said:

Hi Vitor

 

I have a recently bought Z6 to go with my D800 - which I have not used for a while. Instead of the 24-70mm lens I bought the new 24-200mm lens which is really good. I am very pleased with this combination as it gives me more "reach" with the top end of the zoom. I did buy the adapter as well so I can use my other lenses which range from a 20mm up to a 150-600mm. Overall I am very pleased with my new setup, hardly any "grain" when shooting at higher ISO, in fact my default is now 200 rather than 100 when shooting with the D800. Video quality is excellent not that I shoot a lot of video, but having that additional tool is useful.

Thank you David. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.